Home

Guide to a successful offseason...

This is a discussion on Guide to a successful offseason... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #17
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Guide to a successful offseason...

After doing what is listed in my braves offseason I still get the cant afforded contract message so it's pretty much a lostcause for them
Old 03-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #18
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
After doing what is listed in my braves offseason I still get the cant afforded contract message so it's pretty much a lostcause for them

What total asking price are your arbitration eligible players asking for, compared to your available budget?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

this deserves a bump. Franchise = gold with the sim stats much much better across the board.

Im wondering if anyone can check to see if the budget issue (teams all getting a 10% budget increase despite whatever record they had/making post season or not) has been fixed
Old 04-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #20
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

While this is very confusing.. I think it was also very helpful. I guess I will see when I get to my first off season (with a saved game right beforehand of course lol).
Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs

I don't know how video game language is written or how you can even write it into the video game itself, but that is the language that was written in the game regarding free agency. I can only help you with a personal hypothesis. Intelligence must see that your 40 man roster is already fairly full so in turn they will allow you to spend more money on free agents because it feels your organization is in good standing and with budget room remaining, if you can stock it or make it better, it allows you to.
I disagree with your hypothesis or it is a logic error in the game. You can always add existing players to your 40-man after the Rule 5 draft. Which brings up the question, is if this restriction is only in place BEFORE to Rule 5 draft? As I recall, you cannot make a selection in the Rule 5 draft if your 40-man is full. If you select a player in the draft, then you are adding a major league minimum salary to your roster since the player must be on the 25 man roster in order to keep him. Are allocating $1M per potential Rule 5 draft?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #22
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
I disagree with your hypothesis or it is a logic error in the game. You can always add existing players to your 40-man after the Rule 5 draft. Which brings up the question, is if this restriction is only in place BEFORE to Rule 5 draft? As I recall, you cannot make a selection in the Rule 5 draft if your 40-man is full. If you select a player in the draft, then you are adding a major league minimum salary to your roster since the player must be on the 25 man roster in order to keep him. Are allocating $1M per potential Rule 5 draft?

I wouldn't think they are allocating $1M more because AI recognizes what class of player he is (renewable, arb aligible) and will then calculate what AI believes he will make. Unless you're talking about adding players to the 40 man, allowing you to spend more money on free agents? Which in that case yes, that added player to your 40 man from the rule 5 draft will allow you to spend more money on free agents. My hypothesis wasn't accurate in my wording, but it goes along with what Knight offered as an answer a couple posts down. He said it right...
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #23
Rookie

PhillyWhat2011's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
4. Hold off on offering contracts to players in your organization that are up for renewal for now.
What does this mean?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #24
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyWhat2011
What does this mean?

Players on your 40 man roster that have not served at least 2 years and 128 days (I believe) of service time can have their contracts renewed for a one year pact for at least 80% of the salary they made last season.

I say hold off on signing them for now because you need to keep your pending offers down so you can sign qualified and unrestricted free agents and these guys cannot sign elsewhere unless you don't offer them a contract before the last day to offer players in your organization contracts. Fill your roster first and worry about these guys later because they are more expensive than your minor leaguers that aren't on your 40 man roster. This enables you to spend more money elsewhere. When you sign these guys later, you can go over your budget and if these guys are good and have made an impact on your major league roster, but not yet at their full potential, try signing these guys covering their 6 years of service time before free agency eligibility.

Last edited by Threeebs; 04-30-2013 at 10:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »