Home

Guide to a successful offseason...

This is a discussion on Guide to a successful offseason... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #33
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Guide to a successful offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
I dont know if this has been asked or answered but...
Quote:
How can you view the pending transactions during the offseason???

I've looked around and cant find the screen, all these teams are outrighting there players on waivers and I cant even claim them, pretty big bummer...

Unfortunately there is no pending transactions page that you can access through the main menu in franchise mode during the offseason. But you can access it through an email regarding a trade proposal. The trades that happen during the offseason usually make no sense at all so I don't mind just setting the other 29 teams trades option to manual in a 30 team control franchise. I just let them deal during the season, but I watch those as well.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #34
MVP

TGov's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Unfortunately there is no pending transactions page that you can access through the main menu in franchise mode during the offseason. But you can access it through an email regarding a trade proposal. The trades that happen during the offseason usually make no sense at all so I don't mind just setting the other 29 teams trades option to manual in a 30 team control franchise. I just let them deal during the season, but I watch those as well.
Surprisingly there werent any trades during my offseason except the one I did manually...
It's a shame you cant access the pending transaction screen during the offseason. I saw all sorts of players I would have loved to snatch up but unfortunately couldn't. I'll try my luck with trades I guess...
Thanks for the response!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

Quote:
Surprisingly there werent any trades during my offseason except the one I did manually...
Quote:
It's a shame you cant access the pending transaction screen during the offseason. I saw all sorts of players I would have loved to snatch up but unfortunately couldn't. I'll try my luck with trades I guess...
Thanks for the response!!!

Hey man no problem. I've got the offseason pretty much locked down so anyone that needs help just needs to drop a message here.

If you find out that certain players are in fact being put through waivers, you can probably access those waiver pages through the email as well. I'm not 100% certain but it makes sense since you can access it through a trade request. I can't see the game making it impossible for you to enjoy the offseason fun lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #36
Underrated

PadresFan's Arena

OVR: 7
Threeebs...

This is great information. I'm only in June of my franchise but will surely use this thread when I get to the off-season. Thanks for your input and continual additions to this topic...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thank you for making this. I tried going through my offseason and I had no idea why I couldnt sign anyone even though I had a good sized budget. I don't understand not being able to spend your budget amount because you didn't fill out your 40 man roster. It's a huge pain because I signed a bunch of guys to one year contracts the year prior and I didn't know depleting my 40 man roster was killing my budget.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #38
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan56
Thank you for making this. I tried going through my offseason and I had no idea why I couldnt sign anyone even though I had a good sized budget. I don't understand not being able to spend your budget amount because you didn't fill out your 40 man roster. It's a huge pain because I signed a bunch of guys to one year contracts the year prior and I didn't know depleting my 40 man roster was killing my budget.

Hey, no problem. I agree with you, it's kind of a pain but to me it's more of a pain that this type of information isn't given to you prior to entering the offseason. I like the idea because in year's past I always had a 40 man roster that was way to low in number so now more players are getting the oppurtunity to play in the big leagues. I also like the restrictions of spending money that you don't have on free agents. I like more of a challenge I guess. You can always still go over your budget with renewables and arbitration players of course...
Old 07-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

On the topic of increased budget when adding players to the 40 man roster, someone would have to go do some observations but I would think it has to do with CBA rules. If a minor league player is on the 40 man roster for the first time he automatically makes something like 37,000, 2nd year on 40 man roster 70,000 etc etc... could that be it?
We always here when a player is called up to the majors that they "purchased" his contract so say you sign a player for $500k a year but until he makes the major leagues he doesn't make that much? I'd have to research how the CBA works in that regard.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #40
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

Players that have a "contract renewable" and have less than 3 years can't be signed by another team right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »