Home

Protesting Calls

This is a discussion on Protesting Calls within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #9

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Protesting Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopershorty51
Did they recently change their opinion? I'm just curious because MVP 2005 had it but no game I have played probably since then has.
It was in the show for two years I think (maybe just one) but I want to say it was 07 and 08.

It was just a cut scene though if I recall, not something you controlled.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Protesting Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It was in the show for two years I think (maybe just one) but I want to say it was 07 and 08.

It was just a cut scene though if I recall, not something you controlled.
Now that you say that it actually does seem familiar. Kinda wish they could do what was in MVP 2005, I loved getting my manager all fired up to get tossed so my team would do better.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
Rookie

AMBrodie's Arena

OVR: 0

I was playing a game Mets vs Phillies. There was close call at 2nd and Collins came out and talked with the ump. The ump started to make a safe call but stopped half way through and called it an out.

I watched the replay and my guy was out. But it was cool to see the manager come out. It does not happen enough...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBrodie
I was playing a game Mets vs Phillies. There was close call at 2nd and Collins came out and talked with the ump. The ump started to make a safe call but stopped half way through and called it an out.

I watched the replay and my guy was out. But it was cool to see the manager come out. It does not happen enough...
I've never seen that. Maybe Bob Melvin is just to lazy to get out of the dugout...
Old 04-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Didn't one of the 2k games have it were it was almost a mini game? I vaguely remember the need to mash y on xbox in one of the versions to argue. (newer than 05, thinking like 08ish) Unless I was dreaming that

EDIT:

found it on wiki it was 2k7

"Other additions include a ramped up player and manager ejection system, including a minigame in which the player controlling the manager will tap a button to argue with the umpire; in multiplayer, the opponent will take control of the umpire and try to precision tap a button to eject the opponent's manager. A managerial ejection will cause the player's team to be controlled by the CPU"
Old 04-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddert
I don't expect them to make perfect calls, I would just like the option to complain about it. It would enhance the realism.
You don't need a manager to do it. Just yell at the TV. That works just fine for me. You're right, it does make me feel better. And you have the same chance of getting them to change the call that the manager would have.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #15
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT
You don't need a manager to do it. Just yell at the TV. That works just fine for me. You're right, it does make me feel better. And you have the same chance of getting them to change the call that the manager would have.
I do this and my girlfriend just doesn't understand...

"It is a video game I would assume the call was right..''
"No .. not all the calls are right thats part of the game and the game also knows when to **** you over"
"sure.. okay.."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #16
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercasecurtis
Didn't one of the 2k games have it were it was almost a mini game? I vaguely remember the need to mash y on xbox in one of the versions to argue. (newer than 05, thinking like 08ish) Unless I was dreaming that

EDIT:

found it on wiki it was 2k7

"Other additions include a ramped up player and manager ejection system, including a minigame in which the player controlling the manager will tap a button to argue with the umpire; in multiplayer, the opponent will take control of the umpire and try to precision tap a button to eject the opponent's manager. A managerial ejection will cause the player's team to be controlled by the CPU"
Thank you for finding this. I remember this clearly now. Haha the button mashing

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »