Home

Pitching warmup problem

This is a discussion on Pitching warmup problem within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Pitching warmup problem

Not really sure if this is a bug of just something overlooked. Here was the scenario. I was using the White Sox and in the second inning G. Floyd gets hurt ( I know big surprise there) since it is still spring training I decide to use another starter Quintana to get some innings in. Well when he comes in he gets his 8 warm up pitches and is still showing as "Cold" which he would be. My thing is by rule if a pitcher has to leave because of injury the pitcher replacing him has as much time as needed to get ready. I guess what I am saying is in the game if it is an injury replacement he should be "Warm" for those 8 warmup pitches and not be penalized...

Again don't know it this should be a bug or not but should be addressed..

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Pitching warmup problem

It is said that pitchers who replace injured players are already warm even though the game says they are cold.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Pretty sure they come in warm. Maybe the "warm" doesn't happen until after the warm up pitches, which should be addressed...but personally I have the warm up pitches off. Also, if they didn't come in warm, you would have to throw like 20+ "warm up" pitches before you could move on...which seems utterly boring to me.

In the end, the result is that you get a warm pitcher when you face the first batter.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with you that throwing 20+ warm-up pitches would be boring. All I am suggesting is that if a pitcher is injured then his replacement should already be warm when you take your 8 warm-up pitches. I leave warm-up on because it is a little more realistic that way. I don't know about him being warm and it not showing because my pitcher had little control until the next inning when he was warm.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

^^ What SYD said. It's a display bug thats been in for several years, the new pitcher DOES come in warm though it doesn't show as such.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »