Home

No doubles in the corners, no triples at all

This is a discussion on No doubles in the corners, no triples at all within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #49
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: No doubles in the corners, no triples at all

Seems to me the grass slows the ball down to much, when I hit one down the line and it gets to the dirt fast it tends to get to the wall, but when it's rolling down the line on the grass it hardly ever does.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 06-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #50
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I think the hang times for fly balls are still quite a bit longer than IRL... so more hits up in air that has potential to be doubles or triples IRL are caught by outfielders.

Also really noticeable is that outfielders IRL tend to act "tentatively" more often than not... meaning, they don't field as if everything is a routine play, while in the game they act as if most plays are routine.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #51
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzouj
This post needs to be bumped and discussed more. I don't have many frustrations with The Show, but this one would probably be #1 in terms of things I'd like to see fixed in future games. The ground ball physics are off in this game, especially on hits down the line.

If you take a major league hitter and put him in the batter's box with no fielders, any moderately hit ground ball down the line is going to bounce/roll into the corner with relative ease. In The Show, unless you absolutely flush it off the bat, the ball stops before it even gets to the wall on balls down the line, allowing fielders to easily cut it off and hold you to a single. I think fielders playing too close to the line exaggerates this.

In a real MLB game, when a hard ground ball gets past a 3rd or 1st basemen down the line, at least 9 times out of 10 it's a double.
This is also my number 1 gameplay issue with MLB 13 The Show and past versions that I have played! It just seems to hard to get a lot of extra base hits compared to real life. Too many times players with decent speed are getting thrown out at second base easily on hits to the outfield wall.

And messing with sliders does not really help this issue all that much. Like others have said Sony needs to just improve the ground ball physics . Most likely that's the only thing that will fix this issue for good. I can not tell you how many times I hit a ball into the right field corner thinking I have an easy double only to be thrown out in either a close play or even sometimes thrown out by a mile.

Something just seems way off when it comes to extra base hits in MLB The Show.

Here's hoping this will be greatly improved in MLB 14 The Show

Last edited by tnixen; 06-05-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
I am going to politely disagree. My 2 cents are the CPU outfielders act like super humans at times on stock sliders. Making perfect jumps, great speed, and everyone has a Vlad Guerrero arm. Not even just the outfielders, I feel like the infielders are very similar.

So by changing the sliders, you're right I am bandaging the problem, but I have not found any ill effects from anything that I have changed. It seems to have only made the CPU more human, instead of perfect players.

They already make perfect reads on balls off the wall, they always know the 100% correct place to throw the ball, and they always take the perfect route to the ball.

By changing the sliders, the defense in general plays much more realistic. But that is just my opinion.
This is precisely the problem. The outfielders know EXACTLY where to go to play the bounce off the wall perfectly and are in an excellent throwing position when they field it, then never have any issue getting the ball from their glove. If they throw to the cut off man, the throw is close to perfect most of the time and he never has any issues making the perfect relay. Sometimes guys do this and DO throw the runner out, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

I feel like changing the sliders is cheating, but sometimes it is the right thing to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »