Home

RTTS: Still in AAA, rated 80+?

This is a discussion on RTTS: Still in AAA, rated 80+? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS: Still in AAA, rated 80+?

I'm currently a 81 3rd basemen and I'm in AAA. In my extra saved file I injured the 3rd basemen, 2nd basemen, their backups, all of the other backups for infield and have yet to be called up.

2 things I can see happening here. I'm not on the 40 man roster yet which is probably why they haven't called me up. This could also be the reason why you stayed on the bench so long. You were on the 40 man roster and they didn't want to waste one of your options by sending you back down.

Also I haven't finished a goal period since I injured the players so they may call me up once I do, we'll see I guess.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm currently 73 rated SS for Giants. Was in AA till about May first year. SS ahead of me got injured. Called up to AAA after that. Played 2 games in AAA till I was called up to the big leagues.

My RTS SP spent 2 years in the minors & didn't get called up till I was rated 82.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 1

im new to this site but in hittin .443 17 hrs and 50 rbi in 23 games in AA for the dodgers I hit all my goals but never get promoted.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnsmoak
im new to this site but in hittin .443 17 hrs and 50 rbi in 23 games in AA for the dodgers I hit all my goals but never get promoted.
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be that simple. Apparently there are many other factors involved, such as the players above you, your ratings, your goal achievements and timing. Probably other things that I haven't thought of yet. And as of right now, I haven't figured a way of triggering a "call up".

The logic seems erratic as many have differing results w/out a clear motivating factor behind it.

Edit:

Yeah, I just simmed through a full month of my backup saved file and found that even if I injure all of the players that would effect my players positions. (3rd base w/ 2nd position as IF) it does nothing.

I injured Cabrera, Fielder, SS, 2nd basemen and the only two infield backups. I couldn't injure anyone else, it wouldn't let me. The team then proceeded to put outfielders into those positions and played w/ no backups for the entire month. I gave each player a injury that would keep them out the entire season.

During that stretch I successfully succeeded at all of my goals, batted at a extreme rate of .479 and hit 7 HR's. Never did I even get a sniff of a call up.

My only thought on this is that I am not on the 40 man roster and this is why I'm stuck in the minors. However, they didn't call up any of the other players either that was on the 40 man roster, so I don't know what to think about that.

Last edited by The Commish; 05-03-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
Just started!

OVR: 1

is it a way to force them to put you on 40 man roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #22
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnsmoak
is it a way to force them to put you on 40 man roster?
I haven't found one yet. Even when my team was desperate for bodies they never budged.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #23
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

generally i find as long as my ovr is higher than a 50 if i meet every goal ill get called up to AAA within a month or two, but then i gotta spend forever to get to like a 65 ovr to get to MLB bench role, and at that point it because HIGHLY FOCUSED on ovr to get the starting spot
Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #24
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
generally i find as long as my ovr is higher than a 50 if i meet every goal ill get called up to AAA within a month or two, but then i gotta spend forever to get to like a 65 ovr to get to MLB bench role, and at that point it because HIGHLY FOCUSED on ovr to get the starting spot
I choose to fail my goals on occasion so I don't advance too quickly. And if I get called up to AAA and I am bound to spend the year on the bench, I fail my goals to get sent down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »