Home

only add free agents to 40 man after july??

This is a discussion on only add free agents to 40 man after july?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Rookie

raiderzride4free's Arena

OVR: 1
only add free agents to 40 man after july??

hey guys, im really confused here. so i just had the yankees sign mark reynolds in my franchise since they did in real life. im running into an issue. i signed him to a 1 year deal, then tried to add him to the 40 man but it wont let me. im getting a message saying "you can only add free agents to the 40 man roster between such & such dates in the off season." i really dont understand what is going on here, the yankees added him to the 40 man in real life....why am i being blocked from doing so? i am very confused, any help on what im doing wrong or how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: only add free agents to 40 man after july??

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderzride4free
hey guys, im really confused here. so i just had the yankees sign mark reynolds in my franchise since they did in real life. im running into an issue. i signed him to a 1 year deal, then tried to add him to the 40 man but it wont let me. im getting a message saying "you can only add free agents to the 40 man roster between such & such dates in the off season." i really dont understand what is going on here, the yankees added him to the 40 man in real life....why am i being blocked from doing so? i am very confused, any help on what im doing wrong or how to fix would be greatly appreciated.
This has been an issue in The Show for quite some time now with certain players. Funny because I had the same thing happen yesterday too when I tried to add Mark Reynolds to the Yankees 40-man.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

raiderzride4free's Arena

this is a wierd one, i have never encountered it before. so it sounds like were just SOL on having reynolds on the yanks?

Old 08-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Banned

Pretty much. Every year I play this game I play accurate to real life MLB transactions/trades/signings etc. There usually ends up being a few players each year that I can't add to a team for that 40-man reason. Really surprised it's still in the game.

The notice I got yesterday on Reynolds was the first one I've gotten like that this season.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Maybe just try trading him to the Yankees for some scrub, without taking him off the 40-man? I guess it's probably too late for you guys though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
Rookie

raiderzride4free's Arena

So there is no work aroound or anything? I don't even get how this coding got into the game. It makes no sense at all. There has got to be some way to get him on the 40 man.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderzride4free
So there is no work aroound or anything? I don't even get how this coding got into the game. It makes no sense at all. There has got to be some way to get him on the 40 man.
Only work-arounds I can think of is going back to previous save where he's on a 40-man and trade for him or, as lame as a work around it is, create a player/edit a minor leaguer to look like him and copy his ratings over.....
Old 08-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
Banned

I'm trying something different. I released him from the Yankees and will resign him again once he clears waivers and then see if I can add him. If not, oh well. Yankees aren't really in playoff contention in my franchise anyway.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »