Home

How much will the game play animations be improved on PS4 version?

This is a discussion on How much will the game play animations be improved on PS4 version? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
How much will the game play animations be improved on PS4 version?

After seeing that new blog for MLB 14 the Show PS4 earlier this month it's safe to say the graphics are going to be a huge improvement. But do you all think the game play animations will also be a huge improvement on PS4?

I am hoping for much more life like movements from all the players on the field.

Last edited by tnixen; 11-27-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How much will the game play animations be improved on PS4 version?

I am sure every aspect of the game will be scrubbed and polished. Its always my safest preorder and the studio in charge are baseball fanatics, it can't arrive soon enough.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

Im just hoping the fielding animations get improved mostly such as:

* Infielders jumping OVER the ball instead of to it
* Outfielders mainly (some infield animations too) having more urgency, no need for players not sprinting literally at the warning tracks to put there hands up to brace themselves with ball in hand against a fence while baserunners are getting extra bases.
* Corner infielders attempting sliding catches from their butts when the ball is 5-8 feet to their left of right

Those are buggy,
Old 11-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

I observed one animation last night that should be improved. The shortstop over threw the 1st baseman in an attempt to get the batter out and the rightfielder rushed in to support the play and because of the way the ball bounced it was the rightfielder who picked up the ball first. Because this all happened rather quickly, the base runner did not have a chance to break to 2nd base. But the rightfielder did gesture that he was about to throw to 2nd base. What was the messed up animation? The rightfielder gestured to throw the ball towards the dugout not 2nd base.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm sure the animations will be cleaned up. My least favorite is the first baseman unassisted warp speed sprint to first base or the lack of urgency double mitt tap late throw to first base.

A hand on the wall from an outfielder would be awesome.

Can I get some pirate ball girls down the lines? Make them hot....lol. Give the giants some old dudes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

i would love to see the ball boy/girls by the foul lines, and just more crowd interaction in general (you never really see anyone catch that foul ball lol). plus im really hoping that pitching animations improve. for some reason it just never looks like theyre really putting their body into it to me.

in any case im sure we wont be disappointed. this series has been consistently good to me since i started playing it on the ps3. and even back on the psone with mlb 99 . gotta love vin scully.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

One thing I'd like to see is more instances of fielders getting called off at the last minute or possible collisions between fielders trying to get to a outfield pop fly.

You seem to see a lot of these in real life while in the Show cpu players easily defer to another fielder all the time.

This game is so good already that I'm probably going to be satisfied just with the NG graphics. Can't wait to see what they've come up with.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
Banned

tylerh's Arena

My biggest beef is how fast infielders get rid of the ball. Jump throws and throwing to 2nd off the backhand happen way too fast, it's an almost instantaneous transfer. I wish there was a rating for release speed.

I would also like to see player-specific animations. Not many guys actually do jump throws from the hole, it's mainly Derek Jeter who does it to make his complete lack of range look better. Guys like Andrelton Simmons basically never make jump throws when they play, instead opting for a slide or actually getting in front of the ball.

It'd be cool to have fielding animations as an option in the player editor in addition to the new batter animations (which I wish was more flexible, such as putting Cano's homerun follow-through on Freddie Freeman's stance, etc).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »