Home

Questions on Online Machine Performance (or lag) for the PS3 on MLB 13 TS

This is a discussion on Questions on Online Machine Performance (or lag) for the PS3 on MLB 13 TS within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Questions on Online Machine Performance (or lag) for the PS3 on MLB 13 TS

I ask this question as many people (myself included) were probably more offline gamers than online gamers when it came to MLB 13 The Show. It's quick, easy, convenient, and well, I personally am all over the Franchise part of the game more than any others. I probably have an unhealthy addiction to Baseball America, The Baseball Prospectus, & MLB.com Pipeline.

That said, the Franchise positives many of us wanted are on the ONLINE version - e.g. expanded stats, awards, yada yada yada.

So I've been thinking, how was the performance of games you played on the PS3 on MLB 13 The Show??

Home Run Derby?
Challenge of the Week?
Diamond Dynasty?

I'm asking as if you play ONLY ONE player (only user) in your Franchise, it would probably be similar in that you don't have the dynamic of needing for it to be real time vs. another human. That said, I would guess the performance would be similar.

Also, for the PS3 guys out there, I don't think a PS+ membership is needed to play online franchise? I wonder if anyone can confirm that.

So, if you want all the ONLINE FRANCHISE improvements but concerned about the LAG/performance, I think you'll be OK if you are the only human user in your franchise or at least you aren't playing against each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Questions on Online Machine Performance (or lag) for the PS3 on MLB 13 TS

Online on PS3 is free.

Games played against the CPU in online modes feels the same as games played against the CPU in offline modes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »