Home

Hits up the middle?

This is a discussion on Hits up the middle? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Hits up the middle?

It seems to me that the pitcher's fielding ability is unbelieveable this year. It is almost impossible to hit a ground ball up the middle without the pitcher snagging it and throwing me out. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, In older versions of MLB The Show the replay of a homerun would always show the distance of the homer. This years version rarely shows the homerun distance or do I need to change a presentation setting? Thanks..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Hits up the middle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Redbird
It seems to me that the pitcher's fielding ability is unbelieveable this year. It is almost impossible to hit a ground ball up the middle without the pitcher snagging it and throwing me out. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, In older versions of MLB The Show the replay of a homerun would always show the distance of the homer. This years version rarely shows the homerun distance or do I need to change a presentation setting? Thanks..
It seems much better this year than in years past to me with hits up the middle. I have gotten sveral hits up the middle to go thru with 14.

As far as the HR distance showing Im not sure on that, I thought it was showing up. I know last year there were times it wouldnt show, but usually did. I guess I need to pay more attention next time I play 14 to see if it is showing HR distance to be sure though.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

No issues here, lots of balls getting by the pitchers.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have no problems getting hits up the middle. As far as the home run distance showing up, it should be at the top of the screen when the next batter is up. It should show how many homers the guy has and how far it went.
Chicago Cubs
New England Patriots
Old 05-30-2014, 01:24 AM   #5
Just started!

I've noticed that I seem to get most of mine past the pitcher on ground balls. I am a real noob to The Show, this is my first time on the franchise (us Brits don't really get baseball) so maybe you can answer this as a follow up. Will a pitchers attributes affect how efficiently he fields a ground ball?

With regards to the homers, I don't recall ever seeing a distance marker, outside of the Homerun Derby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieb10
I've noticed that I seem to get most of mine past the pitcher on ground balls. I am a real noob to The Show, this is my first time on the franchise (us Brits don't really get baseball) so maybe you can answer this as a follow up. Will a pitchers attributes affect how efficiently he fields a ground ball?

With regards to the homers, I don't recall ever seeing a distance marker, outside of the Homerun Derby

Just like a position player it goes by their fielding ability and reaction time to the ball. Also, like someone said before, you get your distance for your homeruns as the next batter is coming up. It will be up in the left hand corner of the screen where the score is and stuff.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #7
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

While I do get my share of hits up the middle, I agree almost every pitcher is a gold glover!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »