Home

MLB 14 The Show Video - Uniforms Part 1

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Video - Uniforms Part 1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 06:21 AM   #17
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video - Uniforms Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
That's one throwback for each decade since they last won a championship right?
Old 03-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #18
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

EDIT: Oops, I missed it.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #19
Banned

MrMet2488's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by b22gamer
I am a big Show supporter....but SCEA, c'mon bro...the Mets haven't worn the Black away jerseys in 2 years. Dark Blue "NEW YORK" across the chest and the two-tone home cap did not make it into the game this year.
I know i'm going to get flamed for this but I don't care...

If the PS4 version doesn't have the home/away blue uniforms i'm not buying the game.

Last year it was understandable that the jerseys weren't in the game. Style guide issues/PS3 version/The jerseys were brand new in 2013. Whatever excuse you want to make it doesn't matter.

But if they don't make it onto the PS4 version this year there is no excuse...
Old 03-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMet2488
I know i'm going to get flamed for this but I don't care...

If the PS4 version doesn't have the home/away blue uniforms i'm not buying the game.

Last year it was understandable that the jerseys weren't in the game. Style guide issues/PS3 version/The jerseys were brand new in 2013. Whatever excuse you want to make it doesn't matter.

But if they don't make it onto the PS4 version this year there is no excuse...
Well before people start telling u the speech about the style guide you should be prepared to ask them "how did the 2014 camouflage jersey make it into the style guide and the 2013 blue jerseys not? And then, if they're all in the style guide why was the black jersey chosen over either of the blue ones?"

Just saying, prepare to be hit in the head with The Style Guide .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #21
Banned

MrMet2488's Arena

Quote:
Well before people start telling u the speech about the style guide you should be prepared to ask them "how did the 2014 camouflage jersey make it into the style guide and the 2013 blue jerseys not? And then, if they're all in the style guide why was the black jersey chosen over either of the blue ones?"

Just saying, prepare to be hit in the head with The Style Guide .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Haha thanks man...yeah I was prepared with the camo/black uni comment

If those jerseys made it into the style guide the Blue one's obviously did. They wear the blue jerseys 10x more than either of those 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #22
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

All I wanted was for those ugly red Braves jerseys to be removed and for them to add the cream alternate and it happened. I'm really happy right now.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #23
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Thanks for the video, can't wait for part 2. I'll keep my mouth shut because someone will throw the style guide at my head... Actually I kinda wish they would just so I can find every page with stupid errors.

I get the feeling even SCEA shakes their heads while at the style guide too. Oh well.
Yeah, some things SCEA can't control but it would be silly to think that SDStudios doesn't want the most and best unis it could put in--it is in their own best interests. Maybe the Mets haven't updated their portion of it? Maybe MLB hasn't updated it? Who knows where the snag is at?

Some things we just have to accept, it is what it is. But if you want to give it a go...you'll need an account made to get in and see what MLB has approved.

http://www.mlbstyleguide.com/
Old 03-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #24
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Straight from the man himself. Someone already brought this topic up. It is what it is fellas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's very simple we looked at this two years ago when the complaints first started. Colors and material react different depending on lighting artificial or natural, bounce lighting, etc........... We couldn't get a jersey in the studio to varify the color tone. So our artist did the best he could.

Kirby hasn't been with our dev team an extremely long time and he's unaware of things that transpired in the past. So he does what everyone on our team does on these forums see an issue bring it up with the responsible parties and we see what happens. And yes the MLB style guide is king it's not the artists job to look at photos on the internet. It's their job to go off the style guide.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »