Home

Hitting in The Show 14

This is a discussion on Hitting in The Show 14 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hitting in The Show 14

I haven't purchased this game since The Show 12. I've noticed a significant change in the hitting. Both in the pitch guessing dynamics as well as the timing.

Whereas the stride was best started at ball release in 12 it seems to favor an earlier stride now. Also, when guessing pitch and location, you'd get an indicator if you got either correct, and now I get no confirmation, only a blinking white and red ball if I get pitch right.

What am I missing and what should I focus on to improve?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hitting in The Show 14

I noticed this as well.

In MLBTS 13 my stride was almost always recognized as "perfect" whereas in 14 im always "just late" or even "late".
Old 04-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #3
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddarfire
When guessing pitch and location, you'd get an indicator if you got either correct, and now I get no confirmation, only a blinking white and red ball if I get pitch right.
Guess pitch was changed last year - ball will flash if you guess PITCH ONLY, location will flash if you guess LOCATION ONLY (both will occur as the pitcher releases the ball). If you guess BOTH, you have to GET BOTH CORRECT - if you get one but not the other correct you will not get confirmation, its DOUBLE OR NOTHING!
Old 04-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I think hitting on this game is easier then ever. I can read the change-up really easy. The only thing I have had trouble with is a good curveball low. I don't need to use guess pitch at all in this game and I have always had to use it before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »