Home

Prospects disappearing from draft pool?

This is a discussion on Prospects disappearing from draft pool? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Prospects disappearing from draft pool?

I trust I am not the only one with this issue, but a quick search did not show any other threads. I scout a bunch of guys and take notes. Then, when I go to the draft, some of the players I scouted are just gone (not in the pool, not already drafted, just gone). I could see if they went back to school (though in baseball, they still get drafted anyway), but I doubt they will show up in next year's draft either. I think this happened in MLB 13 also. Really pisses me off that I had a draft plan set, and poof, guys disappear. Is this a bug, or just how the game works? (Vita version, if that matters)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Prospects disappearing from draft pool?

We're they below 18?

PS4 Games:
Battlefield 4
MLB: The Show (Duh)
Destiny
Old 04-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2

Went back to school?
Old 04-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRblue1027
We're they below 18?
Nope (I actually have never seen a prospect younger than 18). I checked my notes and five players I had scouted were not available in the draft pool. Three were 18, one 20 and one 21.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc748s
Went back to school?
I guess that's possible, but not very realistic. In real life, they still get drafted and it becomes a signing issue. Also, it would be unlikely all five of the players missing for me would fit that possibility (one being 20 and the other 21). I'm in the next year now, in April. I'll post whether the prospects missing from last year show up in this year's draft (but I sure doubt it).

Nobody else is experiencing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #6
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I trust I am not the only one with this issue, but a quick search did not show any other threads. I scout a bunch of guys and take notes. Then, when I go to the draft, some of the players I scouted are just gone (not in the pool, not already drafted, just gone). I could see if they went back to school (though in baseball, they still get drafted anyway), but I doubt they will show up in next year's draft either. I think this happened in MLB 13 also. Really pisses me off that I had a draft plan set, and poof, guys disappear. Is this a bug, or just how the game works? (Vita version, if that matters)
I'm not at my PS3 to check, but if I remember correctly they'll be back in the scouting area next year and will eventually be draftable. The whole scouting/drafting process could use an overhaul, but I'm pretty sure guys don't just disappear.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Right this has happened to me as well......

I noticed like sink4ever said they reappear the next season in the draft pool. It threw me for a loop the first time it happened. I was scouting a pitcher (21 yrs old) with 95 velocity practically drooling over this cat only to see when the amatuer draft rolled around he mysteriously wasn't in the draft pool. It wasn't until I made it to the next season did I notice the pitcher reappeared. In that year's amatuer draft he finally came out but another team drafted him lol

There's never any explanation why a guy doesn't come out, as we're left to our own imagination, seems to be totally random as I've seen it happen to players that were any age
Old 04-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
MVP

Yep, I have the same result as Betterai - the missing prospects from last year are back in the scouting pool. Okay, that's fine. As long as they eventually do come out, I have no issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »