Home

MLB 14 The Show: Initial Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Initial Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #41
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Initial Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
You know Jeff - I felt the exact same way. QC's always seemed cheesy to me, but for some reason I really enjoy it in the Show this year.
That's good to hear. It's just too big of a piece of the game for me though, especially for RTTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
What is your favorite mode? You can't have drastic changes every year but the game is improved in subtle ways in every area. It is so much more refined I could not imagine play 13 again. All the little improvements don't seem like much alone but together they add up. Hell even the menu alone is a huge upgrade. Franchise mode has working budgets, improved sim stats, things that aren't mentioned but enhance the game. I haven't looked at player progressioin/regression but I assume that is improved as well. Yearly save transfers is huge.

I am an offline franchise guy but with Quick Counts being playable in all the online modes I have more incentive to play those and this year I will. It makes online a lot more tolerable and cuts out the BS and time wasting. Quick Counts feels like it was made for online play it works great!
RTTS. I guess I was hoping for a bigger makeover in that department this year. They removed the goals (which I actually liked), added the Showcase game (I'm kinda meh on that), made it so you can emulate the career of a current star (which doesn't interest me either)...just doesnt seem like enough to get me to shell out the cash, especially since I wouldn't use Quick Counts. I'm perfectly happy sticking with 13.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-01-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 2

Any stances get changed in the vita version? Not new stances but old ones that were redone?

As a Mets fan would like to know if they fixed the horrible David Wright and Ike Davis stances.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #43
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Ive only played a round of batting practice, a homerun derby(offline) and an exhibition game with quick counts and my very first impression is...

My timing is Horrible! lol...

Quick Counts is awesome but you have to pay attention...

And the New Dynamic Field camera is AWESOME, it just takes a little getting use to...

Ive only touched the surface like I said but this is a great sign of things to come, literally... (Including RTTS, Franchises, Community Challenge and possibly Online Franchise, Im not much for online play...)
Old 04-02-2014, 12:17 AM   #44
Just started!

OVR: 0
Is it just me or does rtts seem a lot easier then last. I have played 2.5 hours and already in AAA.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #45
Rookie

chaz526's Arena

I'm not sure if I'm alone here - but MLB 13 had some framerate issues for me last year. After starting my first game in MLB 14, I immediately noticed a framerate difference. It feels much smoother and more responsive.

I also really enjoy Quick Counts. I have played 2 games with them on and while the change in time isn't significant, it's definitely noticeable. Basically it comes down to having a good pitchers on the mound. That way, there are more 2-strike counts and thus the hitters have to be less patient, thus speeding up the game. I had some 3-pitch innings and I had some 20+ pitch innings. Still a lot of fun though!

The dynamic cameras are excellent. Not much else I can say about them other than that I really enjoy them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #46
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

No demo? I was searching for a demo but couldn't find one.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #47
Rookie

Regent's Arena

OVR: 1
Well, my "I'm waiting for May 6th" watch lasted all of one day. Coming home from work, I somehow swerved to avoid a pothole, and ended up in front of GameStop, who happened to have a copy available for me to purchase.

Divine intervention from the baseball gods. I did buy my first Senators tickets of the year this morning, so I was already baseball vulnerable. Damn I'm weak. Now I just need a hot dog and a beer, and my day will be complete.

Last edited by Regent; 04-02-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #48
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Had to break down and buy the Vita version to hold me over to the 4... So far, loving it, yet that has been the going theme from me every year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »