Home

MLB 14 The Show: Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #9
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Road to the Show Thread

I'm pretty sure I just broke a Braves prospects arm. Rocketed a LD off his pitching arm and he just fell mid-play.

PS4 Games:
Battlefield 4
MLB: The Show (Duh)
Destiny
Old 04-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #10
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
Each team gets one.

Made an all contact and glove 2B. Had a pretty good showcase going 5 for 11 with 3 doubles and 3 RBI. Got drafted 20th in round two. B potential and a 56 overall.

Decided to go to 4 year uni, was awarded 600 training points at graduation. Had a horrible showcase going 2 for 10 getting picked off 1st base twice and caught stealing once. Drafted 17th in round three as a C potential and 60 overall.

Moral of the story I'm not going back to school anymore. It's not worth the points.
It wasn't worth it because you bombed the showcase lol. if you would have done awesome you could have gotten your potential up to an A probably and gone in the 1st round.

I'm waiting for the PS4 version, so I've got a while before I can start. But I'll probably do the showcase multiple times until I am satisfied with my draft position. Not sure what you've gotta do to go #1, but I'm gonna make a run at it lol. Might Do the showcase 5 different times on 5 different save files and then whichever one I liked the best as far as draft position and team is the one I'll go with.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
It wasn't worth it because you bombed the showcase lol. if you would have done awesome you could have gotten your potential up to an A probably and gone in the 1st round.

I'm waiting for the PS4 version, so I've got a while before I can start. But I'll probably do the showcase multiple times until I am satisfied with my draft position. Not sure what you've gotta do to go #1, but I'm gonna make a run at it lol. Might Do the showcase 5 different times on 5 different save files and then whichever one I liked the best as far as draft position and team is the one I'll go with.
Being drafted first overall you will be with the Houston Astros. The draft order is accurate to what it will be this season.

I was drafted 30th overall in the first round and my potential is a B.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #12
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

Creating a contact, speedy shortstop here in a couple of hours.. Figure I'll try the showcase and see where I go and if I'm not happy I'll go back a year into juco..

No restarts though.. Because, well, you can't restart in real life gents.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #13
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
You missed the point entirely.

4 years at uni isn't worth 600 training points.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 27

I really like how they have made it so it's very difficult to get your player to a 99 rating this year. Removing advancement goals also helps with that as you're not constantly having to up your contact and power almost every series. I'm going to buy some RTTS training points, but I'm not going nuts with them like I have in the past. I really want to put a focus on plate vision with my player this year to cut down on strikeouts.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:40 PM   #15
Rookie

Berserker2020's Arena

I tested a few RTTS's to see what kind of overall ratings you would get by choosing some of the top guys and here are a few results.

Mike Trout - 51 overall
Contact was in the 20's, Power in the 30's, Speed was 90 & fielding ranged from high 30's to high 40's

Miguel Cabrera - 50 overall
Contact in the 40's, Power in the 40's

Dustin Pedroia - 57 overall first creation, 56 overall second creation after changing height to 6'2 and adding second position SS
Contact was in the 40's, Power in the 20's & fielding was in the mid 40's to low 50's

Buster Posey - 57 overall first creation, 58 overall after changing second position to OF
Contact was in the 40's, Power in the mid 30's and fielding in the mid 40's to 50's

These were the main guys that I really got a good look at. I did try some other guys like Longoria, Cano, Harper, Cargo, Pujols, Votto, McCutchen but surprisingly they were all lower overalls then the above mentioned names. So, so far it seems that Buster Posey or at least for me is the best overall player to start out with but the downfall being you will have to start out as a catcher.

I compared those ratings to the ratings of just creating a player and did not notice huge differences just starting out.

When I initially heard that you would be able to model yourself after an MLB player I thought you would start out better especially if you choose Trout, Cabrera etc. but that doesn't seem to be the case. Not sure if the results will/would be different for each person but those are what I have experienced.

I would like to see what other ratings people are getting if you have tried.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #16
Rookie

Berserker2020's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
You missed the point entirely.

4 years at uni isn't worth 600 training points.

I completely agree. Going back to school is not worth wasting the 4 years for 600 pts which I could probably easily make up in my first year in the minors. I really thought going back to school would make a bigger difference/impact but it doesn't seem like it to me in my experience. Started a 51 overall modeled after Trout and went back to school for 4 years and left a 56 overall.

Again that may just be my experience but to me it doesn't seem worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »