Home

MLB 14 The Show: Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2014, 05:16 AM   #401
Rookie

archangelkatana's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Road to the Show Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
I always take it that fastballs have a tendency to be squared up and harder hit while the batter also being behind the pitch a bit so I take a step to my left (right handed batter).

Offspeed tend to be weakly hit and pulled more so sometimes I'll take a step in and to my right.

It's just all little influential stuff. Nothing hard set.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
actually I think opposite...off speed pitches tend to be thrown down and away.. so most likely they are hit to the opposite field. If pulled a changeup is usually pulled foul. And most fastballs are pulled when hit by the batter, often they are thrown inside or up in the strike zone. So it gives you some ability to guess where the hit will go if you want to shift before the pitch..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 05:24 AM   #402
Rookie

archangelkatana's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
After making a pitcher in for 5 out of 6 years from 07-12, I did something radical and made a hitter of the second year in a row. Like many, I've struggled with hitting. Even when I've done well, I've still had a lot of trouble with pitch recognition. And for the first 50 pas or so, this year was no different. I had 2 walks in those 50 PAs and that was par for the course with me. But something finally just clicked and in my last 100 PAs or so, I've gotten 9 walks. And I don't feel as though it's a fluke because I'm seeing the ball much better. I'm still getting fooled on occasion by a ball that I think is going to curve but stays straight and vice versa, but I don't feel as though I'm blindly swinging anymore.
what helps me early in the count is to only swing at pitches in certain parts of the strike zone. On the first two pitches I try to ignore anything that is down or away, even if it might be a strike. I try to limit early swings to pitches that are dead red in the middle or inside the plate. That often helps me get ahead of pitchers. I also look to see what pitches they have especially sliders, I have trouble with sliders that break in towards my hands.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #403
Rookie

ncaajunkie's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyjuicebox
Hey guys I need some help. In my rtts I was tearing it up in aa, batted .412 in about 50 games on veteran difficulty and pure analog hitting. I'm called up to the mlb and hitting is different. A pitch right down the middle, I'll pop up or foul off, and a hard outside fastball I knock down the line in AA, I'm now just whiffing on. I know the pitching is better at higher level but batting .224 in the same amount of games is crazy. My contact is 70 right 69 left ,58 power both, with 75 plate vision. If you guys have any tips or info on attribute I should increase let me know.
Same thing happened to me ..... I got promoted from AA to big leagues to fast in year one. So now for year 2 I was determined to see how long it would take to be moved to AAA. After two months that is 54 games in and I have 165 at bats with 4 hits and 148 strike outs! I've been trying to strike out on purpose and the 4 hits came from sac bunts that turned into a hit. So far I still start every game and have not received a letter from my manager. I continue to strike out on purpose and can not get demoted. Now it's more of an experiment to see how long it will take.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #404
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Rory McMahon finishes the 2015 season in pursuit of the Rookie of the Year award as well as a couple of milestones. Can he take home the hardware and reach the 100 hit mark as well as reach 20 home runs?

Old 05-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #405
MVP

jmillhimes's Arena

OVR: 4

went through 2 years with the LASTROS. 3rd baseman . Made it to the show the first year in time for 24 games. Played 101 games last year and spent alot of time on the DL with a torn ligament.

Third year after 10 games (previous year hit .224 10hr 30 RBI), Im tearing it up for Houston .345...4 hrs..10 RBI...Im traded to the Bluejays!! Atleast im on a contender now. Well, ive made it to mid may and Ive come back to earth but im still holding my own.

- We are 6 games behind first place Rays

- Im leading team with 8 hrs and 29 RBI

-leading league with 15 SB

one crazy thing....The marlins are 6-32..lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #406
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

The NL East champion Atlanta Braves take on the Cincinnati Reds in the 2015 NLDS. Rory McMahon goes deep three times in the series, but is it enough?

Old 05-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #407
MVP

jmillhimes's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
The NL East champion Atlanta Braves take on the Cincinnati Reds in the 2015 NLDS. Rory McMahon goes deep three times in the series, but is it enough?

first year?
Old 05-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #408
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillhimes
first year?
Second year overall, first at the Major League level.

Year 1: 18 yrs old -- two months at AA, remainder of 2014 season at AAA
Year 2 (current year): 19 yrs old -- started year in Majors as bench player. Promoted to starter in 2nd half after a trade of Chris Johnson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »