Home

League 162: PS4 MLB Show '14 Online Franchise

This is a discussion on League 162: PS4 MLB Show '14 Online Franchise within the MLB The Show Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 01:51 AM   #73
Rookie

JibJab 24's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: League 162: PS4 MLB Show '14 Online Franchise

Ps4 only for me.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:57 AM   #74
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Definitely a worthy concern. Trades in this league will need to pass by a league majority. I'm not sure what percentage this will be based on, 51%, 75%, 80%...Maybe we just have a 2-3 guy trade committee.

Either way, I can't envision a Trout deal happening, HOWEVER...because his contract is so low, it COULD be possible...just not likely.
No WAY the Angels trade him....BUT....if he tests FA and a small market team gives him BIG money like Seattle did to Cano...they could end up trading him for a BOAT load of prospects and in that case I think it's okay.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed"
Old 03-28-2014, 03:59 AM   #75
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3

PS4 only for me as well.

If this league is really filled with sim style players, nobody will be looking to make ridiculous trades anyway.

But I mean if Miami Marlins trade Giancarlo cause they can't re-sign him, you can't blame them there.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 06:56 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

My PSN is Ajax_Act_3 and ill be ps4 only. With the last 2 previous MLB the show installments I was on a daily routine of playing them so I am definitely all about playing our games every single day.

As far as divisions go we would need to find ones with the most amount of small market teams. It will inevitably be unfair when one or two people have big spending clubs but theres really no avoiding it. Unless we spread people out slightly. For eexamplewe could use the nl east but with no one controlling philly

Last edited by joedogg9999; 03-28-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #77
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
all leagues should be using the twitch feature.
in this day and age, you have to broadcast your games!
cheers!
I've used Twitch before and have an account setup for PS4, but don't know much else about it. Is there a way we could stream/archive our games to a website/server? I'm going to make a site for this league, similar to the one for the football league I created and commish (Which has openings!).

I think this would serve two purposes:
  1. 1) It'd just be fun to sit and watch other games, sort of like a tape-delayed version of baseball on TV
  2. 2) It'd be great to police gameplay, etc.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #78
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Check out this screenshot in regards to scheduling for an online franchise:

http://www.operationsports.com/media...reenshot-27805

Perhaps using the "series/manual" combo would work best?

My only concern now is whether or not online franchise can roll over. It sounds like all "saved files" can be rolled over, but since online franchise might be strictly hosted via Cloud, I'm not sure what to make of it.

The silence on it from the developers worries me a bit!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #79
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I've used Twitch before and have an account setup for PS4, but don't know much else about it. Is there a way we could stream/archive our games to a website/server? I'm going to make a site for this league, similar to the one for the football league I created and commish (Which has openings!).

I think this would serve two purposes:
  1. 1) It'd just be fun to sit and watch other games, sort of like a tape-delayed version of baseball on TV
  2. 2) It'd be great to police gameplay, etc.
Yes Mike, in a upcoming patch, proposed by Sony, a patch is coming about the end of April, not only to archive your games on twitch for ps4, but also to give a numerous amounts of fixes that are needed concerning audio issues etc for the system. Also if you use your own capture card device *ie* Elgato Gaming device, now with this patch, all third party software, meaning not being able to broadcast specifically with the ps4 by itself will officially have the capability to do so now, just as it was with the use of all third party headphones.

and i agree i think we all should live stream, it makes it so much fun to just support and get to see the games played, also allows for scouting your opponent which isn't a bad thing either.

mike if you need any help with getting going on twitch, i don't mind helping just say the word bro, i have a channel there, i broadcast almost daily.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 03-28-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #80
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Check out this screenshot in regards to scheduling for an online franchise:

http://www.operationsports.com/media...reenshot-27805

Perhaps using the "series/manual" combo would work best?

My only concern now is whether or not online franchise can roll over. It sounds like all "saved files" can be rolled over, but since online franchise might be strictly hosted via Cloud, I'm not sure what to make of it.

The silence on it from the developers worries me a bit!
i agree with the series/ manual to, i mean once we get the game, you guys i'm sure will be able to make the clear cut choice, but for now i think you hit the nail on the head, with this choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online »