Home

How's the online play a few weeks later ??

This is a discussion on How's the online play a few weeks later ?? within the MLB The Show Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #9
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How's the online play a few weeks later ??

Baserunning is still atorcious (runners won't advance as they should at the crack off the bat, standing there in no mans land til you tell them to go)

Still weird desyncing issues in the field. One guy will see an error, and send runners, while there is no error and he is out. Plays at the plate look way safe to one player while an easy out to the other.

If they fix these issues to allow us to play small ball, Id love this game for the most part. As it is now, its all HRs or nothing sometimes
Old 05-31-2014, 10:28 PM   #10
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

Desyncing happens a lot for me. I don't know when to send my runners because I'm not sure if I should believe what I'm seeing. It's not playable for me because of this.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Old 06-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #11
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

Online is about as much fun as a root canal.

Just finished a game in which I had no idea when I was supposed to swing at a pitch. On pitches I was clearly late on, the game said I was early or very early. Am I supposed to swing after the ball goes by me? I think I'm done for a while.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #12
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbauer318
Online is about as much fun as a root canal.

Just finished a game in which I had no idea when I was supposed to swing at a pitch. On pitches I was clearly late on, the game said I was early or very early. Am I supposed to swing after the ball goes by me? I think I'm done for a while.
I was getting really burned out on playing offline so I decided to try online. It was choppy for my half of the inning at bat. I got a hit and then about 4 fouls in a row leading to a double play. Ok, my turn to pitch. About 6 fouls later he gets a base hit. Tries to steal and I get him in a run down. With the lag I was only able to go back and forth between 1rst and 2nd about 5 times before he was back to first safe. About another 10 foul balls later the game froze.
Yeah. That was my experience with online.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:41 AM   #13
Rookie

Sgt_Ludby's Arena

Not good for me, as well. I've played my cousin three times and we've never been able to complete a full game without getting disconnected. The first two matches were one week after the game came out and we just played our third a couple minutes ago. This is
Old 06-04-2014, 02:42 AM   #14
Rookie

Sgt_Ludby's Arena

Sorry, I can't find the edit button!

As I was saying, this is very frustrating because playing online against him was the biggest reason I purchased the game. With that being said, I'm enjoying the offline experience very much.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #15
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Sucks.........i re-visit this thread hoping to read comments that the online play has stabilized and its running smooth now. I really want to play this game online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #16
Rookie

Well don't its horrible and I'm officially done. Why is there no fix yet. I should have won my last 3 yet I've lost them all in different ways. You never know where the ball really is. safe or out. announcers wrong always. It is completely unplayable online. Not exaggerating.

Sucks my first two games for ps4 were unplayable online for atleast the first month.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online »