Home

(Voodoo) New 20 Team Sim League (RR)

This is a discussion on (Voodoo) New 20 Team Sim League (RR) within the MLB The Show Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
Voodoo

brettytwotimes's Arena

OVR: 0

Name: Voodoo
Commish: brettytwotimes(PSN)
Rosters: hybrid
Sliders: hybrid
Schedule: Round Robin(20 teams) everyone plays every team twice.
Fantasy Draft: No
Teams Open: --------
Bio: I'm currently in great prestigious leagues such as: Hybrid, eMLB, and OS Vets. I like to think of myself as a good guy and leader, I'm very active and will have a couple co commissioners that are also active and around often for questions/concerns and also most importantly this year, to reset/resolve games.

Best way to contact me would be over on AIM "bukobrett" or you could PM me here or on PSN "brettytwotimes". I prefer for everyone to fill this out here and reply to this thread. If I know you from previous leagues or current leagues feel free to skip this step and IM/PM me, thanks!

PSN:
Top Three Teams You Would Like In Order:
Time Zone:
Ability To Play Nights:
Previous Sim Leagues and Commissioner's name:

Last edited by brettytwotimes; 06-26-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: (Voodoo) New 20 Team Sim League (RR)

Name(nickname): HustlinOwl
Top Three Teams You Would Like In Order: Reds, A's, Giants
Time Zone:PST
Ability To Play Nights: Nights Yes
Previous Sim Leagues and Commissioner's name: Toe The Rubber(Myself), SimSational Baseball(Da_Code), TSG(That Sports Gamer), Major League Franchising (CWSJ), Ridin The Pine (BluenGold)

Last edited by HustlinOwl; 06-19-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
Voodoo

brettytwotimes's Arena

Owl, you're in as the Reds. Will send invite by tonight.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Voodoo

brettytwotimes's Arena

MLB The Show Voodoo League Rules and Regulations

Every team must follow their five man rotation. Of course with resets/resolves/etc managers will have to juggle their rotations around, that is more than okay. The concept is to make sure you have the pitcher with the most stamina pitch the upcoming game.

Fake bunting to distract the pitcher is absolutely prohibited and annoying.

Do not make any substitutions of any kind during an at bat unless there is an injury. That means when a pitch is thrown to a batter you must wait until after the at bat to change pitcher, hitter and/or runner.

We are using the “fast-play” mode, not broadcast. I prefer there be no pressing of X during the walk ups for batters/relief pitchers. Many prefer to see the stats of their own or opposing players, especially early in the game. So especially in the beginning lay off the X button during the stat screens, I will be more lenient towards the end of the games unless we have a relief pitcher or pinch hitter.

Trading/Free Agency: There will be no limit on trades in this league. But we will not allow a fantasy baseball atmosphere here. At the same time we aren't here to be robots. I will allow as many trades that I can judging off fairness. Trade panel is under construction. We will conduct a one round free agent draft, after all 20 teams sign a free agent/skip their pick it will become first come fist serve. There is no min/max on free agent pick ups, but you must have a legal lineup/rotation/roster.

Random glitches/freezes/blue screens are a serious concern online this year. Every pair of owners have the right to agree upon a resolve or reset. There are no concrete rules on this, yet. If the two owners can not come to an agreement of a resolve/reset it will be up to the trade panel to decide between those two options or decide to “play on” and resume the game with same situation before freeze, and friendly quitting when they’ve “completed” the nine innings between the two games.

Dirt Balls: If you don’t know what is right and what is wrong for this topic, you shouldn’t be in this league. I debated even bringing this into the rules page, pretty self-explanatory.

Hot headed tough guys…please control yourself. I understand that this game can be “broken” at times. I want the complaining to be minimal. I understand it’s healthy to air things out but don’t over do it. I’m okaying a little emotion, we are human. If you get too annoying for the league members or one of the commishes you will be warned. Second time will be a boot.

Last edited by brettytwotimes; 06-26-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Name(nickname): TacoSaban
Top Three Teams You Would Like In Order: A's, Giants, Braves
Time Zone:CST
Ability To Play Nights: Nights Yes but I get off at 2:30 and like to cut my gaming off by 8 pm central time. I will sometimes be on late. I'm a super early bird though. I will have no problems getting games in. I will actually get on peoples nerves trying.
Previous Sim Leagues and Commissioner's name: Toe The Rubber(HustlinOwl), Major League Franchising (CWSJ)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #6
Rookie

PSN: CStateAttack
Top Three Teams You Would Like In Order: Rays, Pirates, Royals
Time Zone: EST
Ability To Play Nights: Yes, 6 PM EST and after.
Previous Sim Leagues and Commissioner's name: Currently involved with Gameday Nation and Steve Langston. Was involved with GMCBL and Jayeconomics but unable to connect with opponents so I dropped. These are the only 2 I have been in.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #7
Voodoo

brettytwotimes's Arena

Taco, you're in as the Athletics. Wrobel, you will be the Pirates. Invites coming within the hour gents. I believe you two will close our gap to 19/20 filled. Expect to start tonight. I will donate to OS to create an actual forum that's listed in the top tier of page. Hopefully up within a few days.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 11:49 PM   #8
Voodoo

brettytwotimes's Arena

Until OS gets my donation from earlier today we will have to use this thread for our free agent draft. Once everything is settled, all league activities and posts will be conducted inside the sub forum. You may either sign a free agent or skip your pick. Each pick will have a 12 hour clock beginning tonight at midnight 12:00 AM EST. You most post on here (or on our sub forum when it's up) the player you selected and the terms to the deal. The draft order was random and posted first on AIM group chat.

1 Dodgers
2 Royals
3 Reds
4 Marlins
5 Cubs
6 White Sox
7 Braves
8 Diamondbacks
9 Orioles
10 Athletics
11 Astros
12 Rockies