Home

ELLY DE LA CRUZ

This is a discussion on ELLY DE LA CRUZ within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2023, 03:15 PM   #1
Rookie

TonyMoraco15's Arena

OVR: 0
ELLY DE LA CRUZ

Hey Guys! Question… with Elly de la Cruz being called up to the MLB team, I’m sure he will be added (or updated) pretty soon in the next Live roster. So my question is this, will he be updated / added in franchise also with new ratings perhaps?

I have been using the Reds as my franchise and he’s been in my big league team since April but he’s a CAP with not so good attributes on offense (.289 1HR 9RBI in 86 at bats mid May) I ask because I did notice Will Benson being updated from CAP to real within my franchise and also the City Connect was added also. So hopefully is the case with Elly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2023, 04:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: ELLY DE LA CRUZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMoraco15
Hey Guys! Question… with Elly de la Cruz being called up to the MLB team, I’m sure he will be added (or updated) pretty soon in the next Live roster. So my question is this, will he be updated / added in franchise also with new ratings perhaps?

I have been using the Reds as my franchise and he’s been in my big league team since April but he’s a CAP with not so good attributes on offense (.289 1HR 9RBI in 86 at bats mid May) I ask because I did notice Will Benson being updated from CAP to real within my franchise and also the City Connect was added also. So hopefully is the case with Elly.
They have not really made those face scan updates lately. They can add minor leaguers as well so no reason they would have waited until now to update his face scan. Pretty sure face scans are done for year. Its been a terrible one on that front. Hopefully we get a huge update and recalibration next year. There is a bunch of prospects that will be top 20 that aren't scanned. Elly, Jackson Chourio, Junior Caminero , Evan Carter, Jackson Holliday, dru jones, Ricky tiedemann, Zach neto.. and then a bunch of players who have some sort of rendering that looks NOTHING like the player (Grayson rodriguez, Brett baby, Francisco Alvarez, Jordan walker)

I will say the updated Elly cap is really good though.
Old 06-06-2023, 05:00 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Ratings won't be changed mid-franchise, though you could edit them if you like. Any franchise started with a roster that includes his callup (probably from this Friday on), should have updated ratings built in, plus facescan/CAP update IF they do one.
Old 06-06-2023, 06:36 PM   #4
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMoraco15

Elly should end up with new audio at some point

If you want to update his ratings, here's what we have for him:

Primary Position: SS
Secondary Position: 2B/3B
Hitter Type: Pull Hitter
Potential: 90

Contact vs Righties: 62
Contact vs Lefties: 54
Power vs Righties: 73
Power vs Lefties: 73
Vision: 52
Discipline: 50
Batting Clutch: 65
Durability: 88
Speed: 77
Arm Strength: 77
Arm Accuracy: 71
Reaction: 75
Fielding: 64
Stealing: 80
Baserunning Aggressiveness: 80

Old 06-06-2023, 07:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac

His speed and arm strength ratings are off. He has the highest velocity throw of any MLB or AAA player this year and he also has a 70 grade speed which should put his rating at close to 90.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2023, 08:01 PM   #6
Rookie

TonyMoraco15's Arena

Quote:

This awesome thanks man, will update myself… he does have audio and everything, just needs face scan and pic.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:37 PM   #7
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflock
His speed and arm strength ratings are off. He has the highest velocity throw of any MLB or AAA player this year and he also has a 70 grade speed which should put his rating at close to 90.
I hear the speed arguement

I'm curious what his Statcast numbers will be for arm strength and speed because MLB Pipeline only has him at a 60 grade for his arm.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
I hear the speed arguement

I'm curious what his Statcast numbers will be for arm strength and speed because MLB Pipeline only has him at a 60 grade for his arm.
He just was in the 99th percentile for speed on the double he just hit lol Meaning he's in the top 1% of speed lol

Yea pipeline might not updated there. For throw speeds he has 4 throws in the top 10 of the minor leagues. Last year, everyone was going crazy over that O'Neil Cruz throw. It was 97 mph. Elly has thrown 99 mph this year.

His double, at 112mph, is the hardest hit ball by a Red this season. This kid is a monster. Lets see if he can make enough contact.

Last edited by djflock; 06-06-2023 at 08:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »