Home

Can someone explain the DL in Franchise?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain the DL in Franchise? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Rookie

TheAssman17's Arena

OVR: 0
Can someone explain the DL in Franchise?

First, sorry if this has been posted before. I don't come here often, but I could use a little tutorial on the DL and what magic potion I need to be able to place players on the disabled list in franchise mode.

I hope this helps others who don't know as well.

Thanks, fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
Pro

jseward92's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Can someone explain the DL in Franchise?

When someone gets injured there will be a pop up that asks what you want to do. You can do nothing if the player will only be injured for a short period. You can place them on the 15 day DL which is good if the injury is less than 60 days. Otherwise place them on the 60 day DL which is for long term injuries and it removes them from the 40 man roster. If you didn't do anything you can go over to the DL page and it will have the player where you can select them and decide where to put them.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
Rookie

maxreds19's Arena

This is my first post on Operation Sports, but my question on the DL is how to manually injure somebody. I know how to do it on MLB '13, but I cannot figure it out for '14 on PS4. Does anybody know how to do it in this years game?
Thanks
Old 05-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

you go to game play settings and scroll to General (past hitting, pitching and fielding) Then Hit R1 I believe for advance settings. There is an Injury setting...it should be on.....go down there and change it to manual. Apply that setting by backing out of it...it will ask if you want to apply or discard settings....then scroll to the disabled list. select that and your team comes up...you can then scroll to whatever team you want and then Push R1 again I believe and it brings up a list of names on that team...select the player you want and the injury you want. So a hurt finger might be 12 days a torn labrum is 217...you can then adjust the number of days. So if you are dl'ing like arod I do torn labrum for 254 days. Hope this helps....key is once you are done doing that, go back into settings and change the injuries back to manual
Old 05-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #5
Rookie

japsubie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith05
you go to game play settings and scroll to General (past hitting, pitching and fielding) Then Hit R1 I believe for advance settings. There is an Injury setting...it should be on.....go down there and change it to manual. Apply that setting by backing out of it...it will ask if you want to apply or discard settings....then scroll to the disabled list. select that and your team comes up...you can then scroll to whatever team you want and then Push R1 again I believe and it brings up a list of names on that team...select the player you want and the injury you want. So a hurt finger might be 12 days a torn labrum is 217...you can then adjust the number of days. So if you are dl'ing like arod I do torn labrum for 254 days. Hope this helps....key is once you are done doing that, go back into settings and change the injuries back to manual
GOD DAMNIT THANK YOU SIR!!! i have been looking all over for this answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Anybody happen to know of an injury that'll put someone out for 100 games, I can only see 70-180, nothing in between.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »