Home

2003 Historic Roster w/Full Minors

This is a discussion on 2003 Historic Roster w/Full Minors within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2014, 01:40 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2003 Historic Roster w/Full Minors

I just found Chris Young (P) for the Mariners but he's 7 years, Evan Meek is about 3.0 years. I couldn't find an editable position player with 5 years.

I found 3 position players with about 4 years: a with at least 3 years and none with 5.

Ian Stewart (Angels) his secondary positions would be good for a utility player. 4yr

Casey McGehee (Marlins) 4 yr

Kevin Kouzmanoff (Rangers) 4yr

Tony Gwynn Jr. (Phillies) 3yr

Chone Figgins (Dodgers) 9yr (super utility player)

Ryan Kalish (Cubs) 2yr

Jason Bartlett (Twins) 7yr
Old 05-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #18
Rookie

VeranKai's Arena

I tinkered around with some batting numbers today. My biggest issue so far is that players on the Cubs barely got over 100 plate appearances against left-handed pitchers - and they certainly did very well in that small sample size! I'm hesitant to weigh against any career stats or the like to help the sample size though, as I'm not entirely sure all the extra effort of gathering those statistics for MLB/AAA/AA would really be worth it for now. The overall MLB starters Con vs L doesn't feel quite as skewed to look at compared to just the Cubs.

Cubs 2003 Batting PDF

Anyway, let me know how these compare. Are they all way off? A good one here or there? Too much disparity between min and max values? I wanted your input before diving into the batting ratings any more.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #19
Pro

jseward92's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeranKai
I tinkered around with some batting numbers today. My biggest issue so far is that players on the Cubs barely got over 100 plate appearances against left-handed pitchers - and they certainly did very well in that small sample size! I'm hesitant to weigh against any career stats or the like to help the sample size though, as I'm not entirely sure all the extra effort of gathering those statistics for MLB/AAA/AA would really be worth it for now. The overall MLB starters Con vs L doesn't feel quite as skewed to look at compared to just the Cubs.

Cubs 2003 Batting PDF

Anyway, let me know how these compare. Are they all way off? A good one here or there? Too much disparity between min and max values? I wanted your input before diving into the batting ratings any more.
Cool I will check these out and let you know what I think.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #20
Pro

jseward92's Arena

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
If a player was traded midseason and stayed with that team for awhile I might put them on the team they were traded to midseason. This is what I did with Ramirez and will do some others possibly. Bobby Hill is still on the Cubs AAA team but I might change that as well.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #21
Pro

jseward92's Arena

Quote:
Your numbers were not far off the ones that I had. I would say they were pretty good overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #22
Rookie

VeranKai's Arena

Okay, cool. I'll start plugging away some more.

I made a few changes to my original pitching ones too. I hope that with a couple ratings being lower that you don't dislike it too much, but in doing all my 2014 pitching ratings I feel like I have a better grasp of what the game is looking for out of each one. I imagine these should play better.

2003 Cubs Pitcher Ratings
2003 Reds Pitcher Ratings

2003 MLB SP Ratings Quick Calc
Old 05-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #23
Pro

jseward92's Arena

Quote:
Okay, cool. I'll start plugging away some more.

I made a few changes to my original pitching ones too. I hope that with a couple ratings being lower that you don't dislike it too much, but in doing all my 2014 pitching ratings I feel like I have a better grasp of what the game is looking for out of each one. I imagine these should play better.

2003 Cubs Pitcher Ratings
2003 Reds Pitcher Ratings

2003 MLB SP Ratings Quick Calc
I'll probably do the Reds next since you hooked me up with their ratings. Almost finished the Cubs. Been really busy the past week but things should start slowing down here in the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #24
Pro

jseward92's Arena

Does anyone have a good place to get the type of pitches that pitchers have? I use fangraphs and while that is good it isn't perfect. It tells you a fastball and you can see how much movement the pitch has but still it doesn't say 2-seam/running.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »