Home

2003 Historic Roster w/Full Minors

This is a discussion on 2003 Historic Roster w/Full Minors within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Pro

jseward92's Arena

OVR: 14
2003 Historic Roster w/Full Minors

Decided to throw this in the PS4 section. I am going to be creating the 2003 season with real minors. I just got started and it's obviously going to be a long process. But if anyone wants to throw any input it that would be great. I'm going to be doing the entire team before moving on to the next. So once I get two or three teams done I should have a better guess at when the roster will be finished. But it'll likely be at the end of summer.

Teams 90 man roster's completed: 1/30

Last edited by jseward92; 05-25-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2003 Historic Roster w/Full Minors

Awesome year. Marlins vs Yankees.......what a series...what a season for both teams.

I loved your 1999 season set. I will look forward to this whenever it is done! Awesome news.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
Rookie

VeranKai's Arena

That sounds awesome!

What are you using to calculate ratings? I did some formulas to compute starting pitchers. They're a bit different than the ones I've been seeing on Operation Sports (heavily rate-based). I'm a longtime lurker but never post, so I suppose that's part of why I can't create a new thread myself. Anyway, I'm not trying to derail your thread, but if you're interested let me know.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

Sterling i can help you with the ratings just like i did with your 1999 rosters, this time you can send me the roster and i edit the ratings and send it back to you
Old 05-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
Rookie

VeranKai's Arena

I went ahead and plugged in the data for 2003 into my formulas. As with anything, you get outliers [especially if they didn't pitch many innings], but options are good so I figured I'd let you take a look.

2003 Starting Pitcher Ratings PDF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
Pro

jseward92's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jros22
Sterling i can help you with the ratings just like i did with your 1999 rosters, this time you can send me the roster and i edit the ratings and send it back to you
Alright man. I'm using a different calculator this year that produces better ratings like Contact vs L/R but I'll let you look at it to see what you think. I'm getting close to the first team being done. Feel free to touch up any of the faces as well. If you see a potential that you think is wrong just let me know because I want it to be a fair potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeranKai
I went ahead and plugged in the data for 2003 into my formulas. As with anything, you get outliers [especially if they didn't pitch many innings], but options are good so I figured I'd let you take a look.

2003 Starting Pitcher Ratings PDF
I'm using Jimbo's calculator. I felt that some of the numbers were coming out low for his. But I will definitely give yours a look. Could you do ratings for at least the Cub relievers that year and possibly the position players? Thanks!

Last edited by jseward92; 05-15-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #7
Pro

jseward92's Arena

Also if anyone finds a player with service time that is editable let me know. I currently have Less than a 1, 1, 2, 3, 7, 11 years for pitchers. I would like to get a 4 and 5 year for pitchers but I haven't found any. For position players I have less than a year, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9. Really would like to just find a 5 year editable position player if there is one. If anybody finds any of the players with service time that I haven't listed let me know.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Position players:
Grady Sizemore, Xavier Nady, Kevin Kouzmanoff, Nyjer Morgan

Pitchers: I used Joe Beimel, SEA Mariners you should be able to edit him and everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »