Home

Official 1995-1998 Classic Roster Project

This is a discussion on Official 1995-1998 Classic Roster Project within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2014, 07:18 PM   #73
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official 1995-1998 Classic Roster Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
That's rad man. I love the offer. I'm glad you're seeing the details.

I felt that my 1996 set in MLB 12 was good, but it had some faults with the ratings and pitch speeds and selections. I wanted to improve upon that in this set and put out a lot better product. I love that pitchers guide and my understanding of the pitch rating attributes now. It's helping me keep things as close to the actual player that year as I can.

I also want to encourage you to use Armor & Marino's sliders. That is what I am using (again) and it always seems to give me more than great results. There are so many good, close, low scoring games, and then the occasional blowout win/loss with these at just the right rate. And the stats always seem to measure out and play to the ratings for good results. They are so legit man.
i sure will, i was currently using tnk
s 1.0 and dynamic evertyhing. thx bro. i will grab theres and learn to get a feel for everything with them, i can still use my dynamic setting right ?
Old 05-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #74
MVP

drsublime's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Baumy, how accurate are the Bernie Williams and Paul O'Neill CAPs in your 1996 preview roster? I may just export them for my fantasy draft franchise unless DrSublime makes them first.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
they didnt make the 200 cut
Old 05-31-2014, 11:27 PM   #75
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Baumy, how accurate are the Bernie Williams and Paul O'Neill CAPs in your 1996 preview roster? I may just export them for my fantasy draft franchise unless DrSublime makes them first.
As far as accuracy goes, their ratings, age, and accessories are based on their 1996 season performance and "style."

As for face/look, I would say they are at the very least good-great for facial recognition. I imported them and I don't remember feeling the need to change or touch up anything so I think they looked good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
i sure will, i was currently using tnk
s 1.0 and dynamic evertyhing. thx bro. i will grab theres and learn to get a feel for everything with them, i can still use my dynamic setting right ?
I'm pretty sure you can.

One more small change I would insist you try as well (if you're not already) is that broadcast camera on defense.

It's the one where you are behind the pitcher and using each stadiums unique broadcast. I have never used it any version of The Show before, but I tried it now and it just adds so much more to the game.

It feels good, and gives you a different perspective instead of the same view behind the plate. You can always change back if it seems hard because you are looking in on the plate and have a smaller zone, but it makes pitching really, really fun.

Let me know how any of that works out if you try it.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2014, 11:34 PM   #76
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsublime
they didnt make the 200 cut
I edited your Hentgen CAP ratings to be in line for his 1996 performance with Toronto today, and it looks so, so well done.

That was his Cy Young year too. I put the proper pitches and ratings in too if you want to export him since you were wondering about pitch selections earlier.
It makes me sad
I post the frog

Last edited by baumy300; 05-31-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #77
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Toronto (really fun team by the way) and Texas are 100% complete. Toronto actually has 26 players finished.

I'm going to go for a run, but sometime tonight I will start on either Oakland or Tampa Bay so I can get them out of the way.

Not sure how busy I will be, but getting the AL completely done (including Milwaukee) by the end of next weekend is my goal.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 PM   #78
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Okay, Tampa's position players are all finished. Rated almost all in the 50's so they don't get overly stomped in franchise mode, but still bad enough to not produce stat leaders and the like.

Oakland should still be next and should be a fun team to hit with.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 06-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #79
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
I also want to encourage you to use Armor & Marino's sliders. That is what I am using (again) and it always seems to give me more than great results. There are so many good, close, low scoring games, and then the occasional blowout win/loss with these at just the right rate. And the stats always seem to measure out and play to the ratings for good results. They are so legit man.
So far i'm liking the sliders for armor pretty good, i had a game yesterday, with alot of see sawing events, my set up pitcher was kinda under the gun, i had to pitch to win it! i'm also trying the broadcast angle out, i usually like the view like that, but further back, with a smaller pitch meter, im thinking about switching to no meter at all, its just to big for my liking, but the view it self is awesome, im still in spring training so, i probably wont notice to much until i get into regular season game play. if they fix this camera saving issue i will move the view back.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #80
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm a huge Griffey fan (as evidenced by my screen name) but I don't have the game yet. Quick question, can you make the Kingdome in the game? If so, can you bring created stadiums into franchise mode?

Thanks guys and great job with these rosters

Ken Griffey Jr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »