Home

AC's OSFM ZiPS RoS Rosters

This is a discussion on AC's OSFM ZiPS RoS Rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #73
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: AC's OSFM ZiPS RoS Rosters

Already have one started!

List so far of guys placed in FA 3
SP Cory Luebke
SP Josh Johnson
SP Casey Kelly
SP Chad Billingsley
RP Onelki Garcia

Out of the 5 NL west teams, Arizona had the most movements and took quite a while.

Imported players from SONY roster:
SP Odrisamer Despaigne
SP Yohan Flande
RF David Peralta

Last edited by brewersfan84; 08-09-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #74
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Okay. I tried. I'm done searching for individual volunteers only to have to do it again in a few days. So these are scrapped cause it's August 10th and they still aren't done.

Use the ZiPS Hybrid. They're the best ones out there imo. Shame I didn't work on them this year. Whatever. Sorry to anyone who cared.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #75
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

AC

Sorry it didn't work out, I honestly was curious to see what the difference ended up being between the 2 rosters, just to see if there was a better way to do it next year - this year was a beast because of the new sim engine and without all the support we had on the Hybrid it probably would not have happened. Thanks for recommending our roster (something that was still heavily influenced by yourself from your great contributions last year)

I said it on a few roster threads - guy like yourself, mizzou, myself, teeds, seanjeezy, scott - we all should be working together to create the ultimate roster instead of putting countless hours into separate projects - you are more then welcome to jump on board with the finishing touches of the new Hybrid if you want - let me know

Willard

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #76
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Im sorry i couldnt contribute more (especially since corruption screwed my roster into nothing), but the overwhelming amount of error codes drove me to madness.

willard, i would say 1 super roster would be tremendous, but i have a feeling everyone is doing ratings differently... i noticed AC had very low ratings, i myself have ratings that go above scea's and dunno bout you and mizzou
Old 08-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #77
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
Im sorry i couldnt contribute more (especially since corruption screwed my roster into nothing), but the overwhelming amount of error codes drove me to madness.

willard, i would say 1 super roster would be tremendous, but i have a feeling everyone is doing ratings differently... i noticed AC had very low ratings, i myself have ratings that go above scea's and dunno bout you and mizzou
If you're going by OVR, the Hybrid roster would be considered on the low side compared to SCEA, if that helps you place it. We tend to not put any stock into OVR, at least not much stock into the exact #s.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #78
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

not OVR persay, but the actual ratings themselves
Old 08-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #79
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
you are more then welcome to jump on board with the finishing touches of the new Hybrid if you want - let me know

Willard
I was never off board. All I know is, I was helping you with the rosters last year (two years ago?), I suggested we use ZiPS, we brought in some guys, and I got pushed out or something. If you ever start that and want me to do something with it, I'm in. Hell, we can probably use my projections that I'll be coming out with if all goes well.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #80
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
I was never off board. All I know is, I was helping you with the rosters last year (two years ago?), I suggested we use ZiPS, we brought in some guys, and I got pushed out or something. If you ever start that and want me to do something with it, I'm in. Hell, we can probably use my projections that I'll be coming out with if all goes well.
Last year most of what we did and followed up with this year was stuff you came up with - you were the one who suggested ZiPs - you just got busy with school if I remember right and then this year I lost you when you changed your name on here - either way - would love to have you part of things - any input is good input in my mind as we try to figure out the best way each year to make projections and ratings work.

Are you doing your own projections different from any of the other sets?

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »