Home

1984 Season completed!!!

This is a discussion on 1984 Season completed!!! within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1984 Season completed!!!

Using this 1984 roster set, I have been messing about with the pitcher H/9 formula in my calculator, in an effort to increase simmed batting averages and have come up with a formula that gives a much better spread of ratings - although it does make actually playing the game a bit easier.

The simmed figures are coming out ok-ish but it is hard to tell just how accurate they are, what with the four non-teams being involved. It really is a pity that we can't set up our own leagues/divisions when creating and/or using historic rosters.

Weirdly, even ZERO rated players seem to impact the game, as it was amazing how many times Joe Random would manage 200 strikeouts in a season!!

Oh and the ERA's are still on the low side.

If anybody is interested in trying out this different rated version of the 1984 roster (also uses different pitcher clutch figures) then you can download it here:

Full credit to John E Kool for all his excellent hard work in putting together this great roster, I merely changed a few numbers.

Last edited by saintjimbo1885; 06-04-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Using this 1984 roster set, I have been messing about with the pitcher H/9 formula in my calculator, in an effort to increase simmed batting averages and have come up with a formula that gives a much better spread of ratings - although it does make actually playing the game a bit easier.

The simmed figures are coming out ok-ish but it is hard to tell just how accurate they are, what with the four non-teams being involved. It really is a pity that we can't set up our own leagues/divisions when creating and/or using historic rosters.

Weirdly, even ZERO rated players seem to impact the game, as it was amazing how many times Joe Random would manage 200 strikeouts in a season!!

Oh and the ERA's are still on the low side.

If anybody is interested in trying out this different rated version of the 1984 roster (also uses different pitcher clutch figures) then you can download it here:

http://www.jamesagrant.webspace.virg...a.com/1984.rar

Full credit to John E Kool for all his excellent hard work in putting together this great roster, I merely changed a few numbers.
I would be interested in trying these out. I tried to download them but they are not working for me. Go ahead and post them in the vault. I am getting the same outcome and cant seem to fix it regardless of the sliders I use (I have tried them all). If your ratings work better than mine then more power to you for making it better. Let us know what name you are posting under.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #35
MVP

I agree 100% about custom leagues. Not sure why it can be done online but not off? It would make these amazing rosters that much better. Maybe next year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #36
Rookie

I've uploaded the roster and called it test84 and it's under the username saintjimbo1885
Old 06-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
I've uploaded the roster and called it test84 and it's under the username saintjimbo1885
Tried one game so far. Already notice a big difference. What all did you change?
Old 08-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #38
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3

I love this Roster! It's a great era for me in baseball history.

Also, there's a tremendous roster for 1985 as well. Do you know who made it?
Old 08-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #39
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Love these rosters, but some of the Orioles have 0 and 0 for contact and power (Al Bunbury is one right off the top of my head)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »