Home

George Springer

This is a discussion on George Springer within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #17
Rookie

mu382's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: George Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Wow. Springer is a great prospect, but he's still just that, a prospect. A good month means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Last May Domonic Brown hit .303/.303/.688 with 12 homers and 25 RBI and the hype machine starting rolling with him. Guess what, he regressed as soon as the pitchers figured him out and he hasn't been the same hitter since. Is George Springer the Domonic Brown of 2014, or is he something else? Time will tell. IMO, Knight has him rated fairly.
The only problem with this is it took Brown parts of 4 years in the majors to have a breakout month. He first got called up in 2010 and finally broke out for one month in 2013. Harper and Springer have both been really good at every level from the get go.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #18
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

you said harper is nowhere near the rate of w/e #'s you threw out for this year, hes also been hurt for what, half the season so far?
Old 05-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #19
Rookie

jdmredraider's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsublime
oh geez, Springer is no where near the same type of prospect Harper was. Springer might be a really good player, but he's not there yet ... Harper had the hype for a reason, he dominated at ever level he played at.

I see (the young/healthy) Grady Sizemore in Springer as a celing, with Dexter Fowler as the floor.

Harper along w/ Trout have a chance to be Mays/Mantle all over again
This is pretty much how I feel about Springer and Harper. Harper & Trout have the legend potential if you want to call it that. Trout is already performing to that level.

Springer is a great player. He'll make a lot of all star teams for the Astros. I hope he is our MVP of future World Series if we can be that lucky, but he is not on that legend level.

There is nothing wrong with a young Grady Sizemore because he was a legit 5 tool player. There is nothing wrong with a floor of Dexter Fowler because he is a very solid player.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #20
Rookie

mu382's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
you said harper is nowhere near the rate of w/e #'s you threw out for this year, hes also been hurt for what, half the season so far?
yeah i know, springer has played 37 games and harper 21 so far this year.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #21
Rookie

mu382's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmredraider
This is pretty much how I feel about Springer and Harper. Harper & Trout have the legend potential if you want to call it that. Trout is already performing to that level.

Springer is a great player. He'll make a lot of all star teams for the Astros. I hope he is our MVP of future World Series if we can be that lucky, but he is not on that legend level.

There is nothing wrong with a young Grady Sizemore because he was a legit 5 tool player. There is nothing wrong with a floor of Dexter Fowler because he is a very solid player.
I agree for the most part with what you said, but like I said before, their career potential is not what i wanted to debate in this thread. I was wanting to discuss current ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2014, 12:43 PM   #22
All Star

turty11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Sorry, but that's just not accurate. While you may not get weaker or stronger, you'll still hit homeruns at a different rate vs RH & LH pitchers. It may not be extreme, but in some cases it definitely can be. For example, look at last year's HR leader. Chris Davis hit 53 HR, 40 in 367AB vs RHP and 13 in 217AB vs LHP. That's a HR rate of 1 every 9.2AB vs RHP and 1 every 16.7AB vs LHP. So his power vs LHP would have been almost half that of RHP.
and thats why that logic is horrible, you dont lose half your power vs a different hand....

he had nearly the same amount of HR/hit vs left as vs right, or xbh/hit vs left as right
Old 05-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
and thats why that logic is horrible, you dont lose half your power vs a different hand....

he had nearly the same amount of HR/hit vs left as vs right, or xbh/hit vs left as right
You should look at Isolated Power when doing splits. It counts doubles and triples in as well as homers.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #24
All Star

turty11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba62
You should look at Isolated Power when doing splits. It counts doubles and triples in as well as homers.
thats what i use to calculate power

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »