Home

2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3

This is a discussion on 2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #49
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfletcher00
30 team control usually solves that.
I'm talking about outside franchise mode bud. This causes all sorts of roster issues. I will be starting a franchise here soon so I guess that will be the only way to go about fixing this. I just wished SCEA would allow a little bit more roster freedom outside franchise mode so we wouldn't have these type of roster issues. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #50
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I'm talking about outside franchise mode bud. This causes all sorts of roster issues. I will be starting a franchise here soon so I guess that will be the only way to go about fixing this. I just wished SCEA would allow a little bit more roster freedom outside franchise mode so we wouldn't have these type of roster issues. Thanks!

It's doable.. U just have to work at it.. I agree they are not very user friendly when it comes to moving players
Old 08-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #51
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Reading how awesome you guys say these are is making me want to restart my franchise once they're released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #52
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
Reading how awesome you guys say these are is making me want to restart my franchise once they're released.
Same here.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #53
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
In order to do 2 for 1 trades etc, you need to have a pool of extras in your roster (FAs and or CAPs) that can be added to replace the 2nd player lost. You also need a fringy guy that probably won't see any action or, even better, a corresponding release of a player to help even out the team getting 2 for 1.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #54
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I hate posts like these but I have to ask because I've seen people butchering him in the game recently. What does it look like McCutchen's overall will be for V3?

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #55
Rookie

jmurphy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I hate posts like these but I have to ask because I've seen people butchering him in the game recently. What does it look like McCutchen's overall will be for V3?
They've said time after time that you can't look at the overall to get an idea of the player's skills. Individual ratings are far more important, especially when looking at the CF position where speed and defense are so highly weighted when configuring overall. I know it's difficult to completely disregard overall ratings, but it makes sense in this situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #56
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy
They've said time after time that you can't look at the overall to get an idea of the player's skills. Individual ratings are far more important, especially when looking at the CF position where speed and defense are so highly weighted when configuring overall. I know it's difficult to completely disregard overall ratings, but it makes sense in this situation.
I'm not looking at the overall to determine his skill. I'm not going to ask for every single individual skill. Looking at his overall I can gather where his attributes most likely are.

I make rosters, I'm a roster editor. I know overall means little.

But if someone tells me an overall, I can gather whether or not they fixed other roster editor's **** ups such as taking all attributes relating to Andrew McCutchen's base running ability and making them 45 or lower.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »