Home

2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3

This is a discussion on 2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #57
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I'm not looking at the overall to determine his skill. I'm not going to ask for every single individual skill. Looking at his overall I can gather where his attributes most likely are.

I make rosters, I'm a roster editor. I know overall means little.

But if someone tells me an overall, I can gather whether or not they fixed other roster editor's **** ups such as taking all attributes relating to Andrew McCutchen's base running ability and making them 45 or lower.

??? 45 br ability is absurd for mccutchen
Old 08-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #58
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
??? 45 br ability is absurd for mccutchen
His stealing and speed were there as well. I assume whoever's roster I downloaded was mad about something lol.

Whenever I seen him as an 84 overall, I knew something was off and those are the three primary changes I seen to him.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #59
Rookie

Bmore21's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
Reading how awesome you guys say these are is making me want to restart my franchise once they're released.
I know I am going to start a new franchise.
CBB: Maryland Terps
CFB: Florida St. Seminoles
NASCAR: Tony Stewart

"If winning isn't everything,then why do they keep score"
Old 08-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #60
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
In order to do 2 for 1 trades etc, you need to have a pool of extras in your roster (FAs and or CAPs) that can be added to replace the 2nd player lost. You also need a fringy guy that probably won't see any action or, even better, a corresponding release of a player to help even out the team getting 2 for 1.
That's my point! We can't just release a player though outside of franchise mode. We're allowed to do this only in franchise mode in which I haven't started yet. Trying to get all of these moves right but not being able to with the roster restrictions. Oh well, it will have to be done once I start my chise! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #61
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
That's my point! We can't just release a player though outside of franchise mode. We're allowed to do this only in franchise mode in which I haven't started yet. Trying to get all of these moves right but not being able to with the roster restrictions. Oh well, it will have to be done once I start my chise! Thanks!

Yes u can u have to swap them with a free agent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #62
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Getting pretty anxious about these now. Don't wanna be that guy asking for a release date because I understand the crazy amount of time it takes, especially with this amount of detail, so as politely as I can ask... Is there any info on what needs done yet or how far along you guys are?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #63
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I hate posts like these but I have to ask because I've seen people butchering him in the game recently. What does it look like McCutchen's overall will be for V3?
I am pretty sure McCutchen is the same from our last release, but I will take a look at his speed and see when I get hold of the roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
We will have all trades up to date with rosters corrected by importing over "extra" players from the trade. There will also be extras from most organizations in the FA pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
Getting pretty anxious about these now. Don't wanna be that guy asking for a release date because I understand the crazy amount of time it takes, especially with this amount of detail, so as politely as I can ask... Is there any info on what needs done yet or how far along you guys are?
Sorry guys, I have had an extremely busy and haven't been able to help much this week which I am sure has put things behind. I am going to try to help more this week

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 08-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
His stealing and speed were there as well. I assume whoever's roster I downloaded was mad about something lol.

Whenever I seen him as an 84 overall, I knew something was off and those are the three primary changes I seen to him.
No one was mad, that's not how we do things. The numbers we got from zips and put through knights position player chart dictated those original numbers. McCutchen has been fantastically successful stealing bases this season 17 for 18, which blows his career norm out of the water. He's still only on pace for 28 attempts though. He hasn't finished a season with less than 10 CS since 2009 and is usually good for around 35 attempts on average. So what do we do? Take into account his entire career or focus solely on this season? Obviously, we pay attention to ratings and oddities and adjust where necessary. We try to justify everything. It takes a while to sort everything out to see where ratings are off. No one is rated on an emotional whim. In fact, we have a saying: "don't rate a guy if you're irritable today"

Last edited by teeds; 08-03-2014 at 10:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »