Home

MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster backdated to Opening Day - v3 (Salary Fix!)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster backdated to Opening Day - v3 (Salary Fix!) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2014, 11:22 PM   #17
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster backdated to Opening Day - v3 (Salary Fix!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totte
Sounds like a good away to work around the issue as well. Did you refer to Cot's Baseball Contracts as well for all guys making over 2 million or how did you track them down?

I don't care if the salaries out of the box are bad and structured in its current form. Like you said, an easy way to adjust the salaries from edit player would go a long way in making the game so much more realistic
I actually used Baseball Reference (they get their data from Cot's). I prefer BR because you can view all of the player salaries at once on the team page and sort by increasing/decreasing dollar amounts. Cot's is nice, but there is a lot of scrolling involved in navigating that site if I remember correctly.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:34 PM   #18
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster backdated to Opening Day - v3 (Salary Fix!)

Totte, have you figured out a way to increase years on the younger players in the minors?

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 08-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #19
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Totte, have you figured out a way to increase years on the younger players in the minors?
Easiest way would be to release players and manually re-sign to longer deals. I doubt that messing with ratings will affect the length of contracts, although Totte would know better than I would.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #20
Rookie

iceman823's Arena

OVR: 0

Can someone please post if you run into a franchise file with the V3 rosters.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:34 AM   #21
MVP

Totte's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Easiest way would be to release players and manually re-sign to longer deals. I doubt that messing with ratings will affect the length of contracts, although Totte would know better than I would.

Unfortunately not. What I've done has only changed the actual dollar values. Contract years remain unchanged
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #22
MVP

Totte's Arena

I've done some minor edits to the spreadsheet. For instance Adrian Gonzalez' pwr/ctc ratings were in reverse order and Josh Hamilton was missing the ctc/pwr numbers all in all. Nothing major and as no one has said anything about it, I'd call it minor issues.

On a side note, I noticed that in the rosters, there's an error on the Mariners 40-man set. DJ Peterson (3B) is on the 40-man instead of Chris Young (SP).

I will try and have a new v3.1 out with the salary fix tomorrow (Friday). It's basically just a few more added contract fixes (Jason Hammel, Jeff Samardzija, Tom Gorzelanny, Joaquin Benoit, Javier Lopez, Jeremy Affeldt, Mike Morse, Santiago Casilla + potentially some Mariners player I've been working on - Justin Smoak, Willie Bloomquist, Michael Saunders, Logan Morrison and Dustin Ackley)

Any specific players you'd like to see added with a fixed contract?
Old 08-15-2014, 12:17 AM   #23
MVP

Totte's Arena

With no requests made, I've fixed a bunch of Jays, Royals and A's player. They'll be featured in a v3.1P release today along with the players mentioned in the post above
Old 08-15-2014, 06:06 AM   #24
MVP

Totte's Arena

Version 3.1 Plus is out (not the basic set)

New additions include:
Bruce Chen
Luke Hochevar
Wade Davis
Chris Iannetta
Tom Gorzelanny
Brett Gardner
David Wright
Alberto Callaspo
Brandon Moss
John Jaso
Luke Gregerson
Joaquin Benoit
Dustin Ackley
Justin Smoak
Logan Morrison
Michael Saunders
Willie Bloomquist
Javier Lopez
Jeremy Affeldt
Santiago Casilla
Tim Hudson
Mike Morse
Heath Bell
Brandon Morrow
Colby Rasmus
Dioner Navarro
JA Happ
Maicer Izturis
Ricky Romero
Sergio Santos

Front page has been updated with a new spreadsheet link. This is probably gonna be my last update for quite some time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »