Home

MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster backdated to Opening Day - v3 (Salary Fix!)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster backdated to Opening Day - v3 (Salary Fix!) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
MVP

Totte's Arena

OVR: 11
MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster backdated to Opening Day - v3 (Salary Fix!)

PSN name: ChrisJohanson58
Roster name: OD OSFM Hybdrid v3 (standard version without salary fix)
Roster name: OD OSFM Hybdrid v3.1P (plus version with the salary fix mentioned below)

First of all, a great big thanks to Knight and his crew for putting together the OSFM set.

Secondly, a great big thanks to Willard and his crew for creating a Hybrid of the OSFM set.

This set is based on the OSFM Hybrid v.2.1A with beard corrections and the Plate Discipline +5 fix (thanks WTNY).

Here's a brief overview of how it's be structured:

• Note that this Opening Day set is based on the "Everyone's healthy" theory
  • 40 man rosters will be as of Opening Day 2014 with one exception - no injured players in single-A. Most of the available roster sets have players that are out for the year (TJ surgery etc) in the minors and removed from the 40-man roster (IRL 60-day DL) to create room for their IRL replacements on the roster. This set will have Matt Harvey, Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Patrick Corbin and more in the Majors from the beginning.
  • When you start a franchise you can either manually injure guys using 30-team control or you can simply let the CPU handle send downs after Spring Training.
  • For the users that manually want to injure and DL players, you'd have to come up with a replacement player for yourself to handle that opening on the 40 man roster when ie. Beachy hits the 60 day DL. For those just looking to play right away and not worry about IRL injuries, you should be good to go after having dropped 15 guys from each organization (or basically just let the CPU release players)

Salary Fix

As some of you might have read in my last thread (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-day-v2.html) I came across a way to set up a franchise with more realism to the annual salaries of players. The short version is that I've boosted a bunch of ratings while roster editing in "Exhibition mode" so that when you load up a franchise, the salaries are correct. All you have to do is manually backtrack my boosting through the spreadsheet listed below and you're back to the default ratings of my set.

Salary Fix spreadsheet: http://1drv.ms/1B062TG
I suggest you print it in landscape with the grids to make everything easier to track.

Small guide on how to read the spreadsheet:
  • Players that have their names crossed over are one that I've determined are at a reasonably salary comapred to their IRL contract. Some players like Andrelton Simmons are also crossed over because their salary can't be boosted even if you max out all the ratings. That's because salary and ratings are partially connected with the amount of service time each player has. Only way to get a correct salary for a player like Simmons, Goldschmidt, Trout, Tanaka etc is to run 30-team control and release that player before you re-sign him again to his real contract. I suggest using http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/ for contract info.
  • For pitchers listed with "+10" or another number in their columns, that's how much I've bosted that specific rating mentioned in the header. IE, you simply reduce Gavin Floyd's Clutch, H/9, HR/9, K/9, BB/9 by 10 points in each category.
  • For pitchers listed with "Max" in their columns, in means that I've maxed out their Clutch, H/9, HR/9, K/9, BB/9 ratings. Simply refer to the number next to "Max" in each column to find the correct value you need to put back in.
  • For batters I've boosted only contact, only power or both. Refer to my text on how much I've boosted each player or do the quick thing and look at the CTC and PWR columns to see what values you need to backtrack the player to.
  • Some players like Dustin Pedroia, Troy Tulowitzki, Yadier Molina and Jose Bautista to name a few, I've had to reduce their ratings to lower their contract. You do it in reverse order here and boost the ratings back up to what's listed in text or in the CTC and PWR columns.
  • FOr two players, Dan Uggla and Ryan Howard, it wasn't enough to max out the CTC/PWR ratings to get a correct salary. I also had to max out the Plate Vision, Plate Discipline and Batting Clutch ratings. Refer to the Note column on the right side to find the correct values you backtrack to.
  • I suggest you calculate around 2 hours to get the backtracking done.
That's probably it...post your questions if you have any. Happy Franchising!

Oh and remember that if you do any ratings edits on your own to the players listed in the spreadsheet, their "New AAV" salary stated in the spreadsheet might differ from what I've made my test runs with and posted.

Last edited by Totte; 08-15-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
MVP

Totte's Arena

Re: MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster backdated to Opening Day - v3 (Salary Fix!)

I'll post once I've uploaded the roster files which should be within the hour.

I'll also put the names of each download in the top of the original post.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
MVP

Totte's Arena

Re: MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster backdated to Opening Day - v3 (Salary Fix!)

The rosters are up. Please note that v3 is only the basic version without the salary fix. Get the v3P edition for salary fixes.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Nice, good work. I might use these for RTTS to avoid having guys replaced by the showcase players.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

In the v3 version (without salary fix) do I need to go in and change the ratings? Or are they good to go as is?...also I understand they are based off of 2.1 hybrid, do you know what that tune is set to date wise? I.e 2.1 ratings were calculated including up to ____ date...

Thanks for the work, and thanks in advance for your answers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
MVP

Totte's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubbs79
In the v3 version (without salary fix) do I need to go in and change the ratings? Or are they good to go as is?...also I understand they are based off of 2.1 hybrid, do you know what that tune is set to date wise? I.e 2.1 ratings were calculated including up to ____ date...

Thanks for the work, and thanks in advance for your answers

No the basic v3 that you mentioned is good to go if you don't care about the salary fix.

Don't know what you mean by the Hybrid v 2.1 question. You mean at what date that set was released? I'd check the vault on that under Willard's PSN name crapinmyshoe. I've however tweaked some potentials and ratings every release I've made since then to better reflect the actual 2014 MLB season going on so I wouldn't worry about breakout players being bad or something
Old 08-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totte
No the basic v3 that you mentioned is good to go if you don't care about the salary fix.

Don't know what you mean by the Hybrid v 2.1 question. You mean at what date that set was released? I'd check the vault on that under Willard's PSN name crapinmyshoe. I've however tweaked some potentials and ratings every release I've made since then to better reflect the actual 2014 MLB season going on so I wouldn't worry about breakout players being bad or something
Gotcha...OK nice.. Do these have deadline deals included?
Old 08-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Legaci3's Arena

OVR: 1

Don't mean to be annoying but just wanted to ask if anyone makes a franchise with these on ps3 and puts in opening day injuries (DL), would you be willing to share the franchise file please. Wish I had time to do it myself but unfortunately I don't. Thank you in advance!

GT: Ahh ToasTy
PSN: StraightOuttaDR

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »