Home

2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released

This is a discussion on 2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #49
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlom13
Thanks, I knew most of that stuff (Cant edit overall, cant edit pre-draft etc.) But you did answer my question. I just wasn't sure is we were to decrease random skills until he drops 5-10 points, or if we were actually taking 5-10 points away from every skill on the drafted player.

Thanks.

I look forward to playing with these rosters. Cubs fan, but I'm gonna try to turn around the lowly Phillies.
Yeah, since there's not really any good, hard data (imo anyway) on how SCEA draft picks come in and progress compared to OSFM players, it's hard to say the OVR should be 8 points lower or whatever. That would be an interesting project for someone to take on. To statistically compare how a bunch of draft picks turn out to what the roster starts off with. I've seen cases here and there, but nothing that's really data-driven. To take a fake hypothetical example, people will say, "I simmed to 2025 and ERA's are in the 6's" or something without elaborating on if it's great hitting, bad pitching etc..
Old 09-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #50
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma
Thanks again for the hard work guys. What sliders are you guys recommending to run with this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7martinez
I was about to ask this same question ^... I'm planning on playing a lot of the games so I'm asking about the preferred in game sliders

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Re-posted from a couple of days ago....

I have my own slider thread and use my own sliders. Willard has also offered up a set that was posted in the previous Hybrid roster thread. Feel free to use whatever set you feel most comfortable with.

The main thing is that you need to try out different slider sets to see what fits your skill level best.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #51
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I am having Ps3 issues right now - namely I am not sure where my little guy put my game wallet and don't know where my ps3 copy is - hopefully I find it later tonight - but if someone can help tony out that would be awesome
Help me out too by posting this when/if you or someone else can. The Wifi adapter on my PS3 busted about 2 years ago, so the only way I can get rosters is if they are posted here. Oh, and Stroman would be nice as well. Thanks for your help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #52
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

I posted them on the last gen roster thread. I hope I uploaded them right.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #53
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this. Now, if I could only find an NL team that sounds fun.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:25 PM   #54
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
I posted them on the last gen roster thread. I hope I uploaded them right.
Does this have the latest Stroman CAP that Motown did? I haven't checked the file out yet but I do see that you posted it. I was hoping this had the latest Stroman CAP from Motown. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 09-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #55
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

These rosters have gotten me back into actually playing and enjoying this game. Thanks guys. Great job!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 06:09 AM   #56
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

I just wanted to say this roster set is far the best with a lot of time and effort put into it.

I just have 1 question how were the positions determined? Were they done to balance teams out or any particular reason they were done a certain way?

A few individual corrections for anyone who want to make them.

BLUE JAYS:

Jose Reyes has jersey #8 for some reason should be #7.

INDIANS:

CC Lee jersey number should be #20 not #25.

Just trying to help out these are still the best rosters available. I am in the process of going over each team and if I notice anything far off if you dont mind I will post what changes need to be made here.

I will be using this set for my own rosters but what the difference will be is I copied MLB 25 MAN, 40 MAN,TRIPLE A, DOUBLE A rosters for all teams on August 31st on my PC and going to go through these rosters and make whatever changes need to be made based off what I have saved on my PC.

All credit goes to everyone involved in this set but for anyone who wants a SEPT 1 roster to start with that will have minor changes made like jersey number those kinda things I will put in vault once im done but again all credit goes to everyone involved before I started doing what im doing now.

I will have all the missing or removed players who were on triple a and double a teams as of August 31st. I understand why some were removed or not made so draft picks can be added or certain players people wanted on this set, but when I get done the TRIPLE A and DOUBLE A will be exactly what they were on August 31st on the actual minor league teams website. I copied all the teams rosters that day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »