Home

2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released

This is a discussion on 2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: 2014 OSFM HYBRID ROSTER - V3 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
I just wanted to say this roster set is far the best with a lot of time and effort put into it.

I just have 1 question how were the positions determined? Were they done to balance teams out or any particular reason they were done a certain way?

A few individual corrections for anyone who want to make them.

BLUE JAYS:

Jose Reyes has jersey #8 for some reason should be #7.

INDIANS:

CC Lee jersey number should be #20 not #25.

Just trying to help out these are still the best rosters available. I am in the process of going over each team and if I notice anything far off if you dont mind I will post what changes need to be made here.

I will be using this set for my own rosters but what the difference will be is I copied MLB 25 MAN, 40 MAN,TRIPLE A, DOUBLE A rosters for all teams on August 31st on my PC and going to go through these rosters and make whatever changes need to be made based off what I have saved on my PC.

All credit goes to everyone involved in this set but for anyone who wants a SEPT 1 roster to start with that will have minor changes made like jersey number those kinda things I will put in vault once im done but again all credit goes to everyone involved before I started doing what im doing now.

I will have all the missing or removed players who were on triple a and double a teams as of August 31st. I understand why some were removed or not made so draft picks can be added or certain players people wanted on this set, but when I get done the TRIPLE A and DOUBLE A will be exactly what they were on August 31st on the actual minor league teams website. I copied all the teams rosters that day.
We went through jersey numbers a billion times. I don't know how Reyes was changed again. It must've been a last minute transaction. 40-man jersey numbers should take precedence over other numbers in the game because it gets rather annoying after a while. These are small changes that can be made by anyone.

I don't understand your question about how positions were determined. Give me an example. All positions were carefully chosen based on where a specific player plays.

Lastly, if you're going to use our roster for your own I want to know how good you are at creating players. Are you good at face edits? What will you use to determine ratings? Accurate batting stances, pitching motions, pitching repertoires? We spent a lot of time and effort getting this right and I wouldn't want random players AAA and AA that don't "fit" with our roster to be thrown in. Also, who will you be removing from the roster? I don't think we removed any AAA and AA guys, in fact, we added many more of them.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:51 AM   #58
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I just wanted to say this roster set is far the best with a lot of time and effort put into it.

I just have 1 question how were the positions determined? Were they done to balance teams out or any particular reason they were done a certain way?

A few individual corrections for anyone who want to make them.

BLUE JAYS:

Jose Reyes has jersey #8 for some reason should be #7.

INDIANS:

CC Lee jersey number should be #20 not #25.

Just trying to help out these are still the best rosters available. I am in the process of going over each team and if I notice anything far off if you dont mind I will post what changes need to be made here.

I will be using this set for my own rosters but what the difference will be is I copied MLB 25 MAN, 40 MAN,TRIPLE A, DOUBLE A rosters for all teams on August 31st on my PC and going to go through these rosters and make whatever changes need to be made based off what I have saved on my PC.

All credit goes to everyone involved in this set but for anyone who wants a SEPT 1 roster to start with that will have minor changes made like jersey number those kinda things I will put in vault once im done but again all credit goes to everyone involved before I started doing what im doing now.

I will have all the missing or removed players who were on triple a and double a teams as of August 31st. I understand why some were removed or not made so draft picks can be added or certain players people wanted on this set, but when I get done the TRIPLE A and DOUBLE A will be exactly what they were on August 31st on the actual minor league teams website. I copied all the teams rosters that day.
I don't see the point of a Sept 1st roster. Then someone will want a Sept 2 roster...Sept 3...you get the idea. There's bound to be a certain error percentage in a project this large. If it's simple things like Jose Reyes' jersey #, then those are personal fixes and it's not worth confusing people with another version. You should make your own thread, though, so people don't get confused by your version.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #59
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I don't see the point of a Sept 1st roster. Then someone will want a Sept 2 roster...Sept 3...you get the idea. There's bound to be a certain error percentage in a project this large. If it's simple things like Jose Reyes' jersey #, then those are personal fixes and it's not worth confusing people with another version. You should make your own thread, though, so people don't get confused by your version.
I meant no disrespect to your rosters or your thread. I sincerely apologize. You cant do rosters after September 1st or August 31 as in real life the rosters expand and will give yourself a headache trying to keep up with that with all the callups etc.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #60
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
I meant no disrespect to your rosters or your thread. I sincerely apologize. You cant do rosters after September 1st or August 31 as in real life the rosters expand and will give yourself a headache trying to keep up with that with all the callups etc.
No offense taken. It's not a big deal and you can do what you want with what we've provided, but I'd just ask that any new versions you make go into a new thread/project so people don't get the wrong idea or become confused on what to download and what is what. Like we've mentioned, this was the last effort of the year for us, and we don't want this to turn into a 'post what needs to be fixed thread', because we ain't fixing nothin' lol. But feel free to do whatever you need to do, just please do it separate from this project so people aren't constantly asking about new versions that we aren't going to make and little details that we aren't going to update etc..
Old 09-04-2014, 03:00 AM   #61
Rookie

Was wondering if there is any spreadsheet on the ratings for these. i am into july in my franchise and dont wanna reset it so i could just edit all the ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 03:02 AM   #62
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardoner4000
Was wondering if there is any spreadsheet on the ratings for these. i am into july in my franchise and dont wanna reset it so i could just edit all the ratings.
No, there isn't. You'd have to make one manually. We tend to do our data entry directly into the roster.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #63
Just started!

Forgive my ignorance but what is the Vault? I cant seem to find a download llnk for the roster anywhere
Old 09-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #64
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear1245
Forgive my ignorance but what is the Vault? I cant seem to find a download llnk for the roster anywhere
You can find the Vault on the main menu screen for MLB 14: The Show on your Playstation. There are several vaults. One for created players. One for whole rosters. One for sliders. Fire up your game and check it out...you need to be connected to the internet to use it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »