Home

2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V4

This is a discussion on 2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V4 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: 2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
Just an update of what else I have added.

I reworked all the 40 man jersey numbers there very accurate. I added the following faces for better appearance that what was currently on V3.
I did give them v3 equipment and ratings I just thought AROIDS13 faces were better for these players. All credit goes to him as he is a excellent CAP maker. I also added back Shawn Figgins, Nyjer Morgan, Xavier Nady and a few other players who were removed for some reason. I even added a great Manny Ramirez since he was listed in AAA on the CUBS roster.

I am currently working on putting in the lineups and rotations tonight but for right now I am fixing all position players positions to what MLB.com has listed for them. I would say these are 95% complete and I am ahead of scehdule for the release on October 1st 2014.

ORIOLES:
Caleb Joseph
Dariel Alverez

REDSOX:
Christian Vazquez
Mookie Betts
Alex Hassan

YANKEES:
Masahiro Tanaka
Shane Greene
Chase Whitley
Chris Leroux
Bryan Mitchell
Jose Ramirez
Mason Williams
Jose Gil
Kyle Roller
Manny Banuelos
Nik Turley
Gary Sanchez
Francisco Arcia
Greg Bird
Kyle Roller
Robert Refsnyder
Aaron Judge
Jose Pirela
Angelo Gumbs
Eric Jagielo

RAYS:
Brandon Guyer
Ali Solis
Curt Casali
Cole Figueroa

BLUE JAYS:
Jonathan Diaz

INDIANS:
Kyle Crockett
Jesus Aguilar

ANGELS:
Ian Stewart
CJ Cron

MARINERS:

Dominic Leone
Roenis Elias
Chris Young
Stefen Romero
James Jones
Joe Beimel

ASTROS:
Domingo Santana
Jon Singleton
George Springer

METS:
Bobby Abreu

PIRATES:
Gregory Polanco

CARDINALS:
Oscar Taveras

DIAMONDBACKS:
Peter O’Brien

DODGERS:
Alex Gurrero
Miguel Rojas

PADRES:
Yangervis Solarte

GIANTS:
Brandon Hicks

*I did also add RP Jairo Diaz & RP Daniel Coulombe to this set.
I suggest you rename this roster because I can't get behind it as hybrid V4. For one, you're changing all these faces that were already worked on. On top of that, in some cases, you're importing players with inferior faces. These are decisions we made as a group to include the best representation of that player and you've come in and immediately disregard that. This took months and months of fine tuning. Many of aroid's players were already included so you did something that was already done. We were well aware of his good work. There are other examples but his George Springer or Mookie Betts are not better than the ones we released in V3.

Not to mention we don't know what prospects you're removing to fit in the AAA and AA guys.

Last edited by teeds; 09-26-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #26
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeds
I suggest you rename this roster because I can't get behind it as hybrid V4. For one, you're changing all these faces that were already worked on. On top of that, in some cases, you're importing players with inferior faces. These are decisions we made as a group to include the best representation of that player and you've come in and immediately disregard that. This took months and months of fine tuning. Many of aroid's players were already included so you did something that was already done. We were well aware of his good work. There are other examples but his George Springer or Mookie Betts is not better than the ones we released in V3.

Not to mention we don't know what prospects you're removing to fit in the AAA and AA guys.
I agree - I appreciate that you like our work enough to use the Hybrid as a base - but changing the roster no longer makes it the Hybrid - not to mention I really don't know how you make the faces better on some of these players and honestly if you can make them better then we definetly want your help next year

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 09-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #27
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I agree - I appreciate that you like our work enough to use the Hybrid as a base - but changing the roster no longer makes it the Hybrid - not to mention I really don't know how you make the faces better on some of these players and honestly if you can make them better then we definetly want your help next year
I completely understand and the name will be changed. I mean no disrespect to any of you as I know myself how long it takes to work on rosters like these. I have done it for years. I have worked on OSFM in the past and before that use to do my own roster sets on the older consoles.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #28
MVP

Houston's Arena

If anyone is interested in my previous work to know what to expect when I put these out. Again a lot of credit goes to the OSFM V3 team they did a great job.

Every year I am the person who gets SCEA to fix all the players wrong height and weight of real players on the game that are off. I have been doing this for about 3 years now.

Previous work:

http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?t=26625

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...6-rosters.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ea-update.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-astros.html

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9692322.page

Last edited by Houston; 09-26-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #29
MVP

Houston's Arena

TheShowBaseball

Re: MLB 14 PS4 ROSTERS

Let me know if you think we've missed anything over the couple months. I think we're caught up with roster changes.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #30
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah, I think just change the name from Hybrid to something else and you're golden. No need to whip out any credentials or anything. It's not like "hybrid" is trademarked or anything, but....it's best that people know what to expect and who to expect that from.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #31
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Yeah, I think just change the name from Hybrid to something else and you're golden. No need to whip out any credentials or anything. It's not like "hybrid" is trademarked or anything, but....it's best that people know what to expect and who to expect that from.
Ya and next year please drop me a PM when the game comes out. I would love to have you on board with the Hybrid

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

did this come out?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »