Home

MLB on FOX: End Of Season Rosters

This is a discussion on MLB on FOX: End Of Season Rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #17
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB on FOX: End Of Season Rosters

Anyone looking to start a new season, franchise, or RTTS, this roster set is golden.

I also recently started an end of the season franchise. I used SCEA's last update and imported all the missing players from other sets. Some of the things I noticed from your set which I broke down into pros and cons. Believe me, when I say "con" it only represents why I stuck with my set instead of using these. There's really is no con here.

PROS

• Stayed true to the OSFM ratings edits. Noticed that you went through each individual player and adjusted their ratings analytically from this past season.

• Your roster set includes all of the players from release to end of the year players. Where's I lose players like Alfonso Soriano in my set, you have him in your FA list. All new players are added to the mix and you even updated player salaries. First, as a test, I checked the Braves roster where they signed many of their players to extensions such as Freeman, Simmons, and Teheran and I saw that you made the necessary adjustments. (you need to correct D. Murphy's terms) This pretty much told me to take your roster set seriously. You basically have all players from beginning of the year to end of the year with needed adjustments, and new players - Well done.

• You made favorable adjustments and not strictly by the book ratings from SCEA. As I mentioned, you seem to have gone through each player individually. Whether fair or not, you made adjustments where you thought you needed to make. SCEA downgraded Joe Mauer. You gave him a more favorable rating which I agree he should have received.

CONS

• Roster set is missing key Cuban, Japanese and Korean FA players.

• Not a fan of having 1 closing pitcher listed. Forces more CP trades in non 30 team controls

• I'm more liberal to player potentials. My set includes more "A" prospects. Take your Astros for instance. I look as M Appel more as an "A"

Well done FairPlay. Good to know there's other quality sources out there to look at. Keeping your roster set for maybe RTTS with Cuban, Japanese and Korean FA players
Old 11-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #18
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
Anyone looking to start a new season, franchise, or RTTS, this roster set is golden.

I also recently started an end of the season franchise. I used SCEA's last update and imported all the missing players from other sets. Some of the things I noticed from your set which I broke down into pros and cons. Believe me, when I say "con" it only represents why I stuck with my set instead of using these. There's really is no con here.

PROS
  • Stayed true to the OSFM ratings edits. Noticed that you went through each individual player and adjusted their ratings analytically from this past season.
  • Your roster set includes all of the players from release to end of the year players. Where's I lose players like Alfonso Soriano in my set, you have him in your FA list. All new players are added to the mix and you even updated player salaries. First, as a test, I checked the Braves roster where they signed many of their players to extensions such as Freeman, Simmons, and Teheran and I saw that you made the necessary adjustments. (you need to correct D. Murphy's terms) This pretty much told me to take your roster set seriously. You basically have all players from beginning of the year to end of the year with needed adjustments, and new players - Well done.
  • You made favorable adjustments and not strictly by the book ratings from SCEA. As I mentioned, you seem to have gone through each player individually. Whether fair or not, you made adjustments where you thought you needed to make. SCEA downgraded Joe Mauer. You gave him a more favorable rating which I agree he should have received.

CONS
  • Roster set is missing key Cuban, Japanese and Korean FA players.
  • Not a fan of having 1 closing pitcher listed. Forces more CP trades in non 30 team controls
  • I'm more liberal to player potentials. My set includes more "A" prospects. Take your Astros for instance. I look as M Appel more as an "A"

Well done FairPlay. Good to know there's other quality sources out there to look at. Keeping your roster set for maybe RTTS with Cuban, Japanese and Korean FA players
I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by and post. I can't take the credit for the ratings as those were all done by OSFM hybrid V3 guys.

If you can provide me list of the missing Cuban, Japanese and Korean FA players I can look into maybe adding them.

I am almost done with the FINAL version so if you want to check it out when I post it be my guest.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #19
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
If you can provide me list of the missing Cuban, Japanese and Korean FA players I can look into maybe adding them.
LOL....There's too many. I picked them up in the player/roster vaults. I can tell you OF Yasmani Tomas, SP Kenta Maeda, SS Jung-Ho Kang, and 2B Jose Miguel Fernandez may play prominent roles in 2015.

SS Yoan Moncada is a 19 year old stud and would be considered a number 1 pick if he were in a draft.

1B Byung-Ho-Park is a star in Korea and won't be exposed to the auction. I just wanted to pick him up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg show1.jpg (157.1 KB, 163 views)
Old 11-11-2014, 11:57 PM   #20
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
LOL....There's too many. I picked them up in the player/roster vaults. I can tell you OF Yasmani Tomas, SP Kenta Maeda, SS Jung-Ho Kang, and 2B Jose Miguel Fernandez may play prominent roles in 2015.

SS Yoan Moncada is a 19 year old stud and would be considered a number 1 pick if he were in a draft.

1B Byung-Ho-Park is a star in Korea and won't be exposed to the auction. I just wanted to pick him up.
This actually what I had came up with back in April I forgot I had and just came across it now.

INF - Kensuke Tanaka

Submarine Pitcher - Shunsuke Watanabe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minor League Japan Players

List of players who is currently in the minor league system.

NYY Gosuke Katoh - Infield
CLE Takuya Tsuchida - Outfield
LAD Kazuya Takano - Pitcher
CLE Kota Kobayashi - Pitcher
CLE Naoki Hashimoto - Pitcher
SEA Pedro Okuda - Infield
LAD Kazuki Nishijima - Pitcher
NYM Kento Tsujimoto - Pitcher
CLE Toru Murata - Pitcher
OAK Hiroyuki Nakajima - Infielder (SS) {On Game}
TEX Kensuke Tanaka - Second baseman
CHC Tsuyoshi Wada - Pitcher
CHC Kyuji Fujikawa - Pitcher {On Game}
BOS Shunsuke Watanabe - Pitcher
TOR Tomokazu Ohka - Pitcher, Toronto Blue
NYY Yoshinori Tateyama - Pitcher
OAK Hideki Okajima - Pitcher
LAD Takumi Numata - Pitcher
Old 11-12-2014, 12:03 AM   #21
Pro

[quote=fairplayleagues;2046800713]This actually what I had came up with back in April I forgot I had and just came across it now.
Im currently using your roster right now can you create patrick brady (mariners), greg ross (braves) if you can upload them in the player vault .I'll like to use them in my franchise thanks on the roster you release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2014, 01:38 PM   #22
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by and post. I can't take the credit for the ratings as those were all done by OSFM hybrid V3 guys.

I am almost done with the FINAL version so if you want to check it out when I post it be my guest.
How close are you to being being finished bud? Looking forward to the offline PS3 file! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 12-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #23
Rookie

Is the final NL edits still happening? The AL looks really good and I was looking forward to playing with them. You've done a ton of great work
Old 12-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #24
MVP

Houston's Arena

Icon7 Re: MLB on FOX: End Of Season Rosters

This project is finally completed guys. I have edited every single player in the game and have adjusted every created players face, fixed there audio name if available, fixed positions according to mlb.com for the 2014 seasons, added walk up music istead of none for every single player even the free agents to and every player had either above elbow or 3/4 sleve style. So muh more has been updated to many things to list here but I am really proud that I stuck with it and finally completed this set. The face have so much more detail and realism than they had before. You can download these now in the vault just make sure you download the ones that say Final Set.

You can download these now by looking in the vault for:

MLB on FOX - ROSTERS (Final Version info @ OS!)
Owner: HOUSTON-BREWER

These do not contain winter meetings moves or any updates past September 2014. There are about 32 open slots in the free agents you can turn these players into anyone your prefer as the OSFM V3 maxed out created players already.

Please dont forget to rate if you enjoy these as I spent months and months working on this spending many hours on on every single player. Enjoy guys!!

Last edited by Houston; 12-15-2014 at 10:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »