Home

MLB on FOX: End Of Season Rosters

This is a discussion on MLB on FOX: End Of Season Rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 01:54 AM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB on FOX: End Of Season Rosters

Hello guys, I finally uploaded my version 1 END OF THE SEASON ROSTERS to the vault a few minutes ago.

I do want to thank the following people before I explain everything that was done with this roster set. Without the people listed below this set would have not been possible.

Knight & Co for OSFM.
The Hybrid V3 set. (These guys took the original OSFM and did an exceptional job.
Seanjeezy - He gives outstanding pitch edits each year.
Last but not least AROID1313 for the use of many great faces he has created over the years.

A special thanks to my good friend Guarddog-1972 for help with reading off data many, many nights.

Now without further re-due this is what was done as I did use hybrid v3 as my base.

Step 1:

Remove all fake players including developers who were added to the game by importing my DEFAULT PITCHER and DEFAULT BATTER I made. This project is based off of Hybrid V3 rosters because of the rating adjustments (ZiPS and other projections).

Step 2:

Set the MLB rosters first with what I have saved from September 1st. Import any missing players and make sure to check jersey numbers, height and weight, age and make sure there names added to the data base.

STEP 3:

Start editng players faces who were added by SCEA, done by the Hybrid team or imported by me. Making sure names are in data base, height and weight is matched with mlb.com and there age is correct with mlb reference.

STEP 4:

Start setting the TRIPLE A 25 MAN ROSTERS. Put in the names for all missing players by checking to see if they have any service time, make sure there names in data base, height and weight is matched with mlb.com and there age is correct with mlb reference.

Step 5:

Start editng players faces in TRIPLE A who were added by SCEA, Hybrid team or imported by me. Making sure names are in data base, height and weight is matched with mlb.com and there age is correct with mlb reference.

STEP 6:

Start setting the DOUBLE A 25 MAN ROSTERS. Put in the names for all missing players by checking to see if they have any service time, make sure there names in data base, height and weight is matched with mlb.com and there age is correct with mlb reference.

Step 7:

Start editng players faces in DOUBLE A who were added by SCEA, Hybrid team or imported by me. Making sure names are in data base, height and weight is matched with mlb.com and there age is correct with mlb reference.

STEP 8:

I went over every single player under "ALL" from ORIOLES - ASTROS and made sure they either had above elbow if there was no undershirt given and adjusted the created faces even more than what was previous done by other roster makers. Made adjustments to catchers equipment for regular players that had team color 1 then all default. Give all players walk up music that did not have it set from the previous Hybrid v3 set.

There were other little bitty things done that I probably didn't mention that really improved the set even more.

In closing I am thinking about doing the NL like I did the AL Going over every single player but at the moment I am tired of looking at the players for now. I did 15 teams x 90 so you can only imagine.

You can download these now by looking in the vault for:

MLB on FOX - ROSTERS
Owner: HOUSTON-BREWER

For Offline Users:

Description: MLB on FOX: End Of Season Rosters by Houston Brewer
Use the following link to retrieve your file:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/of7lzy

Feel free to comment but I am not taking any request of adding any players. Once I get the NL done if I choose to do that half I will do a backdated set based off these.

Last edited by Houston; 10-24-2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Add PS4 offline download.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MLB on FOX: End Of Season Rosters

thanks for these! do you have any recommended sliders/sim sliders if at all?
Old 10-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #3
MVP

Houston's Arena

I actually do, well I tested them in online franchise games but I still thank they play great vs CPU or another HUM.

I will post them a little later tonight. I am currently working on a backdated set of rosters for guys who like to start out with actual opening day rosters.

They are about 50% complete already.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:13 AM   #4
MVP

Houston's Arena

These are my MLB on FOX SLIDERS for MLB 14 The Show. I do think they work great with the roster set. I have always made sliders equal for the HUM & CPU in many of my sports games like MLB and MADDEN. I understand there are many gamers out there that might disagree and have certain sliders in favor of this or that or even try to even it all out.

These are a final set as I have tested games since April from PS3 and in May until now on PS4. I have tested many teams, a ton of games and adjusted after every patch and this is to me the mos realistic games I have had in a long time. In today's baseball there are a lot of HOMERUNS compared to what I grew up watching and like most of the time. Those nail biters 2-1, 3-2 even the 1-0 have always been my favorite withe the occasional break out games. I am a huge fan of pitchers duels, but with the you will get a ittle bit of everything along the lines of TODAY'S BASEBALL GAMES!!!

ALL STAR ZONE HITTING & ALL STAR CLASSIC PITCHING:

Human:

Human Contact: 7
Human Power: 5
Human Timing: 5
Stride Difficulty: 5
Human Foul Frequency: 3
Human Solid Hits: 7
Human Starter Stamina: 7
Human Reliever Stamina: 5 (If you put this on anything lower relief pitchers and closers come in to the game already tired)
Human Pitcher Control: 3
Human Pitcher Consistency: 3

CPU:

CPU Contact: 7
CPU Power: 5
CPU Timing: 5
CPU Foul Frequency: 3
CPU Solid Hits: 7
CPU Starter Stamina: 7
CPU Reliever Stamina: 5
CPU Pitcher Control: 3
CPU Pitcher Consistency: 3
CPU Strike Frequency: 5
CPU Manager Hook: 5
CPU Pickoffs: 3

Global:

Pitch Speed: 7 (but if you play another user in online franchise it will look very slow and I found that 10 looks best with pitcher wide camera when playing HUM vs HUM)
Fielding Errors: 7
Throwing Errors: 3
Fielder Run Speed: 1 (This is a must on default 5 your players will move way to fast and become herky jerky, if you like having better control of your fielders then this is a must. The outfield is a lot smoother with this slider at 1)
Fielder Reaction: 3 (through many months and tons of games I have found out that this slider works exactly this way: The lower it is the more reaction and smooth game play will occur. If you raise this to say 7 or 8 there is delay in throws and players reaction)
Fielder Arm Strength: 7 ( I know this appears to be higher than what any other slider set or users prefer but I personally prefer those gun throws in a hurry in the infield and in the OF some fielders have good arms and the throws should looked lobbed, rainbow or way off the mark)
Baserunner Speed: 3 (This works exceptionally well with the fielders arms and solid hits at 7. You will get a lot more closer plays that what you think)
Baserunner Steal Ability: 3 (This will keep the HUM base stealing accurate and realistic)
Baserunner Steal Frequency: 3 (This slider improves how often the CPU will try and steal a base on you)
Wind: 5
Injuries: 7 (You will see a realistic rate of injuries and for users who slide a whole lot can get injured easier)

Last edited by Houston; 12-26-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Exclamation Re: MLB on FOX: End Of Season Rosters

Hey bud! I thought you were going to post offline files for this roster set for both PS3 & PS4. We discussed that you were going to do that from the other thread. Could you do that now please? Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Hey bud! I thought you were going to post offline files for this roster set for both PS3 & PS4. We discussed that you were going to do that from the other thread. Could you do that now please? Thanks!
I will half to look up somewhere online how to put the files on here for you to download or if you know how please give me the steps here.

on the PS3 version it will half to be done by a friend of mine maybe later tonight because I no longer have a PS3.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #7
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
I thought you already knew how to post offline files after our discussion from your other thread. There are quite a few threads on the forums on how to do this. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Did you complete both AL and NL for steps 1-7 and step 8 was AL only?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »