Home

Early 60s Playoff Ready roster uploaded.

This is a discussion on Early 60s Playoff Ready roster uploaded. within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Early 60s Playoff Ready roster uploaded.

Bob,

I can make those 3 players (Billy Cox, Preacher Roe, and Ralph Branca) for you and place them in the minors of one the teams. Then all you would have to do is move them to where you would like to.

What Season do you want them made for ? 1951 or 55 ?

Truly appreciate your gracious offer but I absolutely do this "For The Love of the Game" and nothing else.

Take Care,
Don
Old 03-08-2015, 04:45 PM   #58
Rookie

Hi Don,

The '51 Season for all 3.
Preacher Roe was 22-3, Ralph Branca was 13-12, and of course Billy Cox was a great fielding 3rd baseman. It's all in our Reference materials.

Don, I have OOTP 15 and it is a great game and resouce as it lists every player and their attributes on a yearly basis. I am especially into the pitchers themselves, and it lists the pitches they had, movement, control, velocity, and break. It also has lists the pitcher's ability to Hold Runners, Stamina, and you name it, it's there.

I have tried and tried unsuccessfully to make some of these players myself. Example, Bobby Shantz. I put in all the attributes for pitching, Hits, BB, SO, HRs and it just doesn't play out right.

Example year, 1959:

IP = 94
Hits = 64
ER = 25
HR = 4
BB = 33
SO = 66

You'd think these numbers then would make an accurate player. Nope, there's something more to it than I can figure out. The best I can come up with is another player's stats that are similar or close enough to use percentage wise.

Don I wouldn't ask if I could make these myself and that's a true statement! To do it right using the Roster Calculators available I would need to upgrade my computer big-time, that's for sure.

Thank you Don, really and truly for understanding and being so helpful. I'll really owe you one for this. Something will come up that I can repay your kindness.

Take gentle care my friend, and much apapreciated.

Bob P-
Old 03-08-2015, 05:54 PM   #59
MVP

Bob,

I use OOTP 14 for a Pitchers Pitch repertoire Types (my companions use OOTP 15) and also use it for input into a simple calculator I made for generating their Movement & Control using OOTP's overall Movement, Control & Individual Pitch quality ratings.

We have it down to such a process that it really takes all the personal decisions out of it except for things like a pitchers delivery, batter stance, accessories etc etc etc.

I think I could send you the spreadsheet output from JTommy67's calculator for the season you are interested in then it would only take your computers' ability to use a simple spreadsheet program and if it is now running OOTP then obviously you have one already. In fact, I run JTommy67's calculator on an 8 year old Sony laptop.

What I would suggest, if you really would like to make your very own really good players, is that you download JTommy67's calculator from here http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-included.html and see if you can at least install it and get it to produce anything on your computer.

Then I can send you my simple spreadsheet for calculating a Pitcher's ratings for Movement & Control of each of his pitch types.

Then we can speak on the phone and I can easily walk you through this whole process in a matter of minutes plus of course you will be able to call me back whenever any questions come up while you are creating your own players.

It truly is extremely simple with the way we are doing it now and if you think you would enjoy learning how just let me know. I assure you within a couple days of trial and error you will be totally ready to begin building your own 1950's rosters and they will be every bit as good as what we are doing relative to performance and also equally as good to appearance if you put in the time to make them look good too !

Take Care,
Don

Last edited by doncropper; 03-08-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #60
MVP

Bob,

I just tested creating a Microsoft Excel '97 spreadsheet from the output of an entire 1951 season from JTommy67's calculator and it worked find. Although it loses some of JTommy67's spreadsheet functionality it does produce a version that is fully capable of providing you everything you need to build a roster/player/pitcher from as the functionality it loses during this process is not anything you need or I use when building a roster set.

Thus, if your computer has the capability of running Microsoft Excel '97 or even perhaps the free version of Open Office's spreadsheet then we can easily get this working on your computer via me creating full season rosters for you and turning them into Excel '97 files then sending them to you to work with.

Just let me know and I will be more than happy to do such plus walk you through step by step how to do this stuff to complete success !
Old 03-08-2015, 09:01 PM   #61
Rookie

Don thank you so much for taking the time and sending me the link to Tommys' 67 Roster builder utility. I just did download and extract it, and I am VERY INTRIGUED by the possibilities. Wow!

My Computer knowledge is very limited, so it may be more than I can handle.

Like step one says

Click on Windows icon on the top left, OK did that with Right click,
I went down to the File listing and there it gives the option
Convert PDF file to Word of Excel Online. So not sure if that's the correct one or not.

It all looks so good, and possibly like SECOND NATURE for someone who knows, I will look into it a lot more as it really has my interest. I may be opening up a "Can of Worms" so to speak tho. Me still trying to figure out how to Export/Import a player from one Roster to another.

I'll check to see if I have Microsoft Excel '97 or something that will work. It may take me some time.

I'd truly like to get it going so I can re-create my own players, (as long as it turns out accurately), but me a computer dunce.

take care my friend, rest easy, it's all good.
Sincerly,
Bob P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 11:16 PM   #62
Rookie

Hi again Don,

My computer is an older Dell XP and I checked, it does not have Microsoft 97 Excel. That's OK because I'm pretty sure (knowing my lack of computer skills) that my creating any Roster or individual players would be a most difficult task and Don as good as your intentions are, I would just become a pest needing so much help, and that's not what I want or do very well at all.

Your Early 60's set is fantastic Don and with even more to come. I doubt I could ever need anything more. There's a lot happening with the different mods too, and in time I'm pretty sure some more 50s teams will become available. Biebig2010 has mentioned on the Forums he has something in the works already. Patience is a virtue they say.

If you can add Billy Cox, Ralph Branca and Preacher Roe to an upcoming set that would be so appreciated.

Thank you Don, I'd love to do it myself, but I know my limitations too.

take care and thanks for everything,
your friend, Bob Paulsen
Old 03-09-2015, 08:14 PM   #63
MVP

Bob,

I completely understand and will be more than happy to do those 3 players as soon as I can get to them which likely will be later this week or over the weekend at the latest.

Reason I am putting doing these off, as I was almost going to get to them last night, is a few weeks ago I discovered an old time Boxing game for the PS3 (I still use my PS3 for NCAA Football). This game is Fight Night Champion (I actually started with it's predecessor Fight Night Round 4). There are many old time Boxers already in the game and almost unlimited ones to download from it's vault. I am a real Muhammed Ali era boxing fan and this game really lets you relive those tremendous match ups in exquisite detail & realism.

If you were a boxing fan at any time during your past and would like to revisit those days in a quality way equal to MLB The Show you can pick that game up on eBay for like $8 or even download it from the Playstation Store for $15.

Take Care & I will let you know when I put up those players,
Don
Old 03-09-2015, 10:07 PM   #64
Rookie

Good evening Don,

Yeah, excuses, excuses, ha ha. But you know what, I understand. Fight Night Champion sounds pretty good. Sonny Liston was robbed ...

I grew up in Long Beach, (So. Cal.) in the days of Freddie Blassie, and The Shiek wrestlers, and so wrestling has always been a big interest to me. So yep, I understand.

Yes, I'd love to be able to re-create my own Baseball players, and for one big reason, so's I wouldn't have to ask. But all I know about computers is enough to foul them up.

Please Don, there's no hurry at all and don't go to any extra trouble, OK. When you're ready to upload your next 60s Version of the Update, just tag them on there. That would be great.

your friend in AZ.
Bob Paulsen

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »