Home

OSFM 2015: Chicago White Sox

This is a discussion on OSFM 2015: Chicago White Sox within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2015, 02:39 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: OSFM 2015: Chicago White Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
I originally had Hawkins at 86 in my personal set, but I keep comparing him to players in the game that are similar to the type of player I think he will turn into - most of them are actually lower than what I gave him. He has loads of power potential, I just can't see him ever reaching it entirely. His hit tool is disastrous, and he has a hard time laying off breaking balls. If people really want him bumped up I'll do so, but he is not very high on many top 10 lists this year and has fallen every year since being drafted. I think I had him at 7/8 on my list and I can't see going higher with him simply for that reason. You're right in saying I tried to merge his potential and current skill level together. Just curious but what would you put Matt Davidson at?

Adams I would like to hold off on until we get a little more stats to go off of. I'm super excited about him, but I keep trying to keep my fandom in check, lol. I think 84 is a solid starting point for now.

Trexler's currently not on the list. One of the just-missed-it players when I initially put it together. I am going to get Wheeler in there though. Wendelken is going to be the guy dropped.
I wish this game had "Potential" rating, and then a "Likelihood % to reach potential" rating. Because guys like Hawkins and Engel have pretty high potentials, but really low floors. They both have a long way to go to reach those. So while I feel their ceilings (potential) are so high, there should be a smaller chance that normal that they'd reach that. Compare that to Carlos Rodon who easily has the highest floor of any Sox prospect, despite his ceiling not being that much higher than Hawkin's ceiling, in my mind.

As for Davidson....I guess I would have said pre-2014 his potential would have been about 83. But pre-2015, I'd say maybe like 75. I give him less benefit than Hawkins because Davidson repeated AAA and was abysmal. Hawkins struggled his 1st time at a level, and then improved solidly his 2nd time at that level. They are trending in opposite ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #42
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

That is right in line with my next point - that sometimes in the game, potential goes up or down. So, if you go with a potential as the ceiling and the game raises their potential...you've now had them surpass their ceiling. I think of their ceiling and floor and go with the midpoint.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
Until the Sox announce what they're doing with him, he's staying in the set. He'll be included in the game since he played this past season in the MLB, so there's no reason to get rid of him yet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxaalex

Extra Players you can add on the roster if there space or the player vault
Sp/ Brandon Brennan
Sp/Andre Wheeler
Sp/Luis Martinez
Rp/ Jordan Guerreo
Sp/Mark Blackmar
of/Mason Robbins
Sp/James Dykstra
of/Michael Suiter
2b/jake peter
2b/Eddy Alvarez
of/Nolan Early
rp/Ben Brewster
rp/Sean Hagan
rp/Adam lopez
of/Zach fish
Sp/David trexler
rp/Kyle hansen
Sp/Chris Freudenberg
c/Omar Narvaez

Extra organizational depth Would you consider adding some of these prospect after osfm release on the player vault
Old 02-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #44
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

Sox made 2 moves today:
- signed minor league 3B Nick Delmonico to a minor league deal
- signed RHP Matt Albers to a minor league deal with ST invite

Albers obviously will be included in the set, but Delmonico will not. He was once a pretty decent prospect, but he's suspended to start the year. I'd rather include someone who might actually play. He's be a nice filler for when someone gets released after the first set is released.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:38 PM   #45
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Hey guys, not sure where you are on planning for CAPs but I did a lot of work on the Sox last year with faces and would be willing to copy over any faces to your players if you would like. I also have a really good Andy Laroche from 2 years ago when he was a Jay, he didn't see the majors last year so chances are he won't be in the game this year

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 12:20 AM   #46
MVP

This has probably been answered in other threads already, but does the fact that saves will carry over to this year's game, or simply because it's year 2 of the PS4 mean that the OSFM rosters will come out any sooner than usual?
Old 02-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #47
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
This has probably been answered in other threads already, but does the fact that saves will carry over to this year's game, or simply because it's year 2 of the PS4 mean that the OSFM rosters will come out any sooner than usual?
I was under the impression that only the franchise rosters carry over, so I don't see how it would help.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:31 PM   #48
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Hey guys, not sure where you are on planning for CAPs but I did a lot of work on the Sox last year with faces and would be willing to copy over any faces to your players if you would like. I also have a really good Andy Laroche from 2 years ago when he was a Jay, he didn't see the majors last year so chances are he won't be in the game this year
I'll need all the help I can get, so it'll be gladly appreciated. I plan on just using the ratings for LaRoche in '14. I usually just straight transfer any players that were removed from the previous games..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »