Home

OSFM 2015: Chicago White Sox

This is a discussion on OSFM 2015: Chicago White Sox within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2015, 02:16 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: OSFM 2015: Chicago White Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
Wheeler was already added.

Martinez, Trexler, Guerrero and Alvarez are the four closest to making the list in that group. The rest aren't even in the top 30 and not quite good enough to make the set over others.
I'd vote Trexler over all those guys.

Baseball America said THIS about the White Sox latest draft...

"BEST LATE-ROUND PICK: Trexler’s development is exciting; he showed above-average changeups and curveballs before and after the draft to go with an average-to-plus fastball, making him a future rotation-mate of Rodon’s very possible"

Fangraph's Kiley McDaniel has also pegged Trexler as the biggest sleeper in the Sox system. McDaniel ranked Trexler as the Sox 22nd prospect, saying this....

"22. David Trexler, RHP: Trexler is one of those crazy cases where a guy take a huge step forward right after the draft. He signed for a $5,000 bonus in the 17th round this year and was well-known to area scouts after going to Florida State, then a junior college and showing inconsistent glimpses of dominance at both, before being drafted this year out of North Florida. Trexler was mostly 89-92 mph with an average breaking ball and no changeup as a starter this spring; veteran area scout Joel Grampietro was in his first draft with the White Sox and argued strongly for Trexler. With some small directional adjustments to his delivery after signing, Trexler was suddenly sitting 92-96 mph with an above average curveball and slider in the short-season Pioneer League and at instructs. Chicago has decided to scrap the slider so Trexler can focus on a fastball-curveball-changeup repertoire and the plan is to move Trexler aggressively to High-A as a starter in 2015, as he recently turned 24"
Old 02-19-2015, 02:17 AM   #58
MVP

In fact, I would hope McDaniel's very detailed write-up for the Sox would be used as a guide for this anyhow. But here's a link just in case.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/evalu...ago-white-sox/
Old 02-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #59
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
I'd vote Trexler over all those guys.

Baseball America said THIS about the White Sox latest draft...

"BEST LATE-ROUND PICK: Trexler’s development is exciting; he showed above-average changeups and curveballs before and after the draft to go with an average-to-plus fastball, making him a future rotation-mate of Rodon’s very possible"

Fangraph's Kiley McDaniel has also pegged Trexler as the biggest sleeper in the Sox system. McDaniel ranked Trexler as the Sox 22nd prospect, saying this....

"22. David Trexler, RHP: Trexler is one of those crazy cases where a guy take a huge step forward right after the draft. He signed for a $5,000 bonus in the 17th round this year and was well-known to area scouts after going to Florida State, then a junior college and showing inconsistent glimpses of dominance at both, before being drafted this year out of North Florida. Trexler was mostly 89-92 mph with an average breaking ball and no changeup as a starter this spring; veteran area scout Joel Grampietro was in his first draft with the White Sox and argued strongly for Trexler. With some small directional adjustments to his delivery after signing, Trexler was suddenly sitting 92-96 mph with an above average curveball and slider in the short-season Pioneer League and at instructs. Chicago has decided to scrap the slider so Trexler can focus on a fastball-curveball-changeup repertoire and the plan is to move Trexler aggressively to High-A as a starter in 2015, as he recently turned 24"
I know all about Trexler and how many consider him a potential steal. I think he'll be moving up many prospect lists as the season goes on. But he still falls just short of the list at this stage. Fact of the matter is he probably is not much higher than a 74 potential until he continues to impress scouts. The only way I can honestly only add him once the Sox start making some minor moves and the minors begin to take shape. He still only made it to 25th best prospect on Future Sox, and they do a phenomenal job ranking Sox players. He's right at the cusp, but I need to include guys at higher levels first until the Sox trim some fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
In fact, I would hope McDaniel's very detailed write-up for the Sox would be used as a guide for this anyhow. But here's a link just in case.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/evalu...ago-white-sox/
Don't worry, I've read over that article plenty. It's probably one of the best I've seen in a while coming from a site other than Future Sox.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Wheeler was already added.

Martinez, Trexler, Guerrero and Alvarez are the four closest to making the list in that group. The rest aren't even in the top 30 and not quite good enough to make the set over others.
Mark Blackmar is going to be in AA and so is kyle hansen.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
It's that time of year again, so let's start this up!!! All the Sox offseason moves have me excited for ST and the 2015 season to get here! Any suggestions, comments, ideas, etc. feel free to post!

The list is not set in stone, so some guys may drop off or be added if the Sox make any additional moves. I'm only going to add potential ratings for guys that will need to be created. I usually am pretty hard on prospects when it comes to potential, and I use multiple sources for determining a player's value as well as comparing them to similar players within the MLB: The Show series. If you want to change the potential of a pre-existing player, you will need to do so yourself; players are left "as is" in the initial set.

The List

A Potential - 1
B Potential - 5
C Potential - 21
D Potential - 13
F Potential - 0

Players listed in GRAY will be included in the game.
Players listed in RED were in previous versions on the show, but since removed.
Players listed in BLACK will be created for OSFM.

Starting Pitchers
1. Chris Sale
2. Jeff Samardzija
3. Jose Quintana
4. John Danks
5. Hector Noesi
6. Brad Penny
7. Scott Carroll
8. Erik Johnson
9. J.D. Martin (MLB 11: The Show)
10. Carlos Rodon - A/92 (Ratings Completed)
11. Francelis Montas - B/84
12. Spencer Adams - B/84
13. Tyler Danish - C/79
14. Chris Beck - C/77
15. Jace Fry C/76
16. Andre Wheeler - C/74
17. Mike Recchia C/71
18. Tony Bucciferro C/70
19. Braulio Ortiz - C/69
20. Myles Jaye - D/67
21. Bobby Doran - D/66

Relief Pitchers
1. Nate Jones
2. Jesse Crain
3. Zach Duke
4. Jacob Petricka
5. Matt Albers
6. Dan Jennings
7. Zach Putnam
8. Javy Guerra
9. Daniel Webb
10. Joe Savery
11. Maikel Cleto
12. Eric Surkamp
13. Zach Phillips (MLB 13: The Show)
14. Jario Ascensio (MLB 13: The Show)
15. Logan Kensing (MLB 14: The Show)
19. Nolan Sanburn - C/76
17. Onelki Garcia - C/74
18. Michael Ynoa - C/73
19. Andrew Mitchell - C/71
20. Raul Fernandez - D/68
21. Ryan Kussmaul - D/59
22. Arcenio Leon - D/56 (Ratings Completed)

Closers
1. David Robertson

Catchers
1. Tyler Flowers
2. George Kottaras
3. Geovany Soto
4. Adrian Nieto
5. Rob Brantly (MLB 14: The Show)
6. Kevan Smith - D/68 (Ratings Completed)
7. Martin Medina - D/66 (Ratings Completed)

First Basemen
1. Jose Abreu
2. Adam LaRoche
3. Andy Wilkins
4. Keon Barnum - C/73 (Ratings Completed)
5. Dan Black - D/63
6. Chris Jacobs - D/59

Second Basemen
1. Emilio Bonifacio
2. Gordon Beckham
3. Leury Garcia
4. Micah Johnson - C/79 (Ratings Completed)
5. Joey DiMichele - D/66

Third Basemen
1. Conor Gillaspie
2. Matt Davidson (MLB 14: The Show)
3. Andy LaRoche (MLB 14: The Show)
4. Trey Michalczewski - C/76 (Ratings Completed)
5. Nick Delmonico - C/74 (Ratings Completed)
6. Nick Basto - C/73

Shortstops
1. Alexei Ramirez
2. Carlos Sanchez
3. Juan Diaz (MLB 13: The Show)
4. Tim Anderson - B/87 (Ratings Completed)
5. Cleuluis Rondon - C/73 (Ratings Completed)
6. Tyler Saladino - C/72 (Ratings Completed)

Left Fielders
1. Melky Cabrera
2. J.B. Shuck
3. Courtney Hawkins - B/82 (Ratings Completed)
4. Jason Coats - C/71

Center Fielders
1. Adam Eaton
2. Tony Campana
3. Brian Anderson (MLB 10: The Show)
4. Jacob May - C/76
5. Trayce Thompson - C/74
6. Adam Engel - C/73 (Ratings Completed)
7. Jared Mitchell - D/69

Right Fielders
1. Avisail Garcia
2. Michael Taylor
3. Engel Beltre (MLB 14: The Show)
4. Micker Adolfo - B/80
5. Keenyn Walker - D/59

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 Top Prospect Rankings

Links

Baseball America
Fangraphs
Prospect 361
Razz Ball
Top Prospect Alert
White Sox

Composite List
1. Carlos Rondon - RHP
2. Tim Anderson - SS
3. Francellis Montas - RHP
4. Micah Johnson - 2B
5. Spencer Adams - RHP
6. Courtney Hawkins - OF
7. Tyler Danish - RHP
8. Trey Michalczewski - 3B
9. Matt Davidson - 3B
10. Micker Adolfo - OF

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players in the Vault
PSN: SouthSideSox05

***this will NOT be updated until OSFM has been released - please do not ask for requests at this time***
Nice job on working on the whitesox this year.Quite a depth on all postion on this year team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #62
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OSFM 2015: Chicago White Sox

I haven't had a chance to check out your CAPs yet, hopefully will tonight sometime, just got my internet back. I did however get my old Andy Laroche copied and upgraded for you and am working on my old Michael Taylor - if I have time I will get Davidson as well from the past

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 03-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #63
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I haven't had a chance to check out your CAPs yet, hopefully will tonight sometime, just got my internet back. I did however get my old Andy Laroche copied and upgraded for you and am working on my old Michael Taylor - if I have time I will get Davidson as well from the past
No worries.

Don't waste your time with Taylor. He's going to be in the game - he played a little as a September call-up. The only guys that we will need that have service time are marked in red on the first post of the thread.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #64
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Engel Beltre should be in MLB 15. He was on the Rangers 40 man roster last year while injured (Out for the season) which allowed him to accumulate service time. I'll have to double check on his 2014 roster status with Texas, but I don't think he'll need to be created.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »