Home

2015 OSFM: Minnesota Twins

This is a discussion on 2015 OSFM: Minnesota Twins within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13
2015 OSFM: Minnesota Twins

Hey guys, I've gotten that baseball bug in the last few days and I'm looking for ways to keep myself occupied on the forums. I've done these rosters the past 3 years now and I would love nothing more than to keep it going for another year. How's everyone in Twins Territory feeling about the upcoming season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 09:06 PM   #2
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

Re: 2015 OSFM: Minnesota Twins

Whether or not Twins fans have seen/checked this thread, roster season is around the corner! The OSFM 15 recruiting thread was recently released by Knight, and I plan on taking the helm once again for the Twinks! I'm working on putting together a post with a basic breakdown of prospects and the roster in general. Hope to have it out sometime tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

2014 Synopsis

2014 was what I consider a dismal year for Twins fans. Not only was the club a 90 loss team for the 4th consecutive row, but injuries derailed the season of our top prospect, Byron Buxton, and cost Miguel Sano his entire season. One emergence that, while not surprising, but somewhat unexpected, was that of Kennys Vargas. The switch hitting 1B made an immediate impact in the Twins lineup, hitting 9 homers (On pace for about 26 in a 600 AB season). But definitely as far as rookies go, Danny Santana stole the show. A strong ROY candidate, he was 2nd for POSITION players in AL ROY voting, behind Jose Abreu. Santana hit .319 and provided some good defense in Center. It should be a no-brainer that Santana takes the SS job, hopefully the Twins feel the same way. Trevor May arrived as well. Very shaky start, but seemed to settle down some what in September. Nothing new with a rookie pitcher, but May definitely needs to provide better numbers this year, hopefully turning it around in his sophomore campaign just as Kyle Gibson did. Not much to say about Jorge Polanco, provided some versatility and had 2 brief stints in late June and July, smacking a 2 run Triple in his 2nd ML AB against the Rangers.

Regardless, the Twins still have one of the top farm systems in all of baseball (#2 IMO). 2015 is hopefully the year that Buxton and Sano arrive at Target Field, but that's dependent on if they can quickly return to their 2013 form. Another Target Field hopeful is Alex Meyer. A great year in Triple-A in 2014, and is definitely a contender for the coveted 5th rotation spot.

All in all a big year for the farm system, big names look to make the transition to the Majors, while others look to make a name for themselves to keep the future bright in Twins Territory! (I'll do a full breakdown soon, just to get an idea of how things will shift for MLB 15.)
Old 03-16-2015, 07:11 AM   #4
Rookie

jmurphy's Arena

OVR: 0

And the high expectations for the minor league squad have continued into spring training. A few positive outings from Jose Berrios and Alex Meyer, and Miguel Sano is showing the power we've been hearing about for a few years. Also it's been nice to see Buxton and Rosario put together some meaningful at bats. It's been cool to see new signings contribute as well. E. Santana looks like he will be successful and it's fantastic to see #48 in a twins uni again.

Hey MM, I'm kinda new to the roster game, but I gave some advice to Willard and company last year while they were editing the hybrid rosters regarding a few twins players I thought they had misrated at first. I love what they have so far for this year, and I just thought I'd offer any help that you might need. I love this team, and perfecting it for use in the show would be a top priority of mine. If nothing else, I could be someone to bounce ideas off of or something like that.

Here's to avoiding another of those 90 loss seasons we've grown so accustomed to.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:50 PM   #5
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy
And the high expectations for the minor league squad have continued into spring training. A few positive outings from Jose Berrios and Alex Meyer, and Miguel Sano is showing the power we've been hearing about for a few years. Also it's been nice to see Buxton and Rosario put together some meaningful at bats. It's been cool to see new signings contribute as well. E. Santana looks like he will be successful and it's fantastic to see #48 in a twins uni again.

Hey MM, I'm kinda new to the roster game, but I gave some advice to Willard and company last year while they were editing the hybrid rosters regarding a few twins players I thought they had misrated at first. I love what they have so far for this year, and I just thought I'd offer any help that you might need. I love this team, and perfecting it for use in the show would be a top priority of mine. If nothing else, I could be someone to bounce ideas off of or something like that.

Here's to avoiding another of those 90 loss seasons we've grown so accustomed to.
Hope I'm not asking too much, but I definitely wouldn't mind if you yourself typed up a base roster. I have one of my own, but I'd like to see what players other Twins fans like myself want in the game. Definitely gonna include the Top 25 prospects and all of AAA. From there I'll probably try to include other players I created last year that are still on the team, whether they be prospects or NRI's. With any room it'll probably just be some AA or A fillers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #6
Rookie

jmurphy's Arena

You're not asking too much at all. Do you just want a 90 player list of who I would include in the team roster then? I could definitely do that.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #7
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy
You're not asking too much at all. Do you just want a 90 player list of who I would include in the team roster then? I could definitely do that.
Yes sir, that would be great!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #8
Just started!

I noticed that Nick Burdi isn't listed for the Twins on the spreadsheet for the Hybrid Rosters, is there any particular reason for this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »