Home

Roster Transfer

This is a discussion on Roster Transfer within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0
Roster Transfer

I am a little confused how we will be able to use these rosters in MLB 15. Rookies from this past season will have their Model scanned into the new game, but if we import the roster does that overwrite the new players and models and replace them with this exact roster?
Atlanta Hawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: Roster Transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefakeJTS
I am a little confused how we will be able to use these rosters in MLB 15. Rookies from this past season will have their Model scanned into the new game, but if we import the roster does that overwrite the new players and models and replace them with this exact roster?
You can't carry rosters over sadly.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:40 AM   #3
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

So Franchises carry over to 15, but not rosters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atlanta Hawks
Old 01-16-2015, 12:54 AM   #4
MVP

I think - Only Franchise transfers have been officially announced but I am still holding out hope that Seasons & Rosters also will be able to be transferred to 15 or at least once a Franchise is transferred there will be a Save Roster function available within it.

It certainly seems, to me at least, that allowing Franchises to be transferred is a much more complex function to incorporate than having Rosters transferred. So logic tells me not to give up on transferrable Rosters.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Guys I was able to transfer season files from the PS3 version of MLB 14 to the PS4 version.

I am 99.99% (I will never say 100%) that we will be able to transfer via cloud your PS4 season save files (as well as your RTTS and franchise) files to MLB 15.

As I have posted several times I have created master season files for all the rosters sets and have logged them and will go through the task of uploading each one at a time (as you can only have one cloud save for season, franchise and RTTS at a time) and transferring to MLB 15.

This will be my release day fun! Making sure it is all smooth so we can hopefully put this question to bed on release day one!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Guys I was able to transfer season files from the PS3 version of MLB 14 to the PS4 version.

I am 99.99% (I will never say 100%) that we will be able to transfer via cloud your PS4 season save files (as well as your RTTS and franchise) files to MLB 15.

As I have posted several times I have created master season files for all the rosters sets and have logged them and will go through the task of uploading each one at a time (as you can only have one cloud save for season, franchise and RTTS at a time) and transferring to MLB 15.

This will be my release day fun! Making sure it is all smooth so we can hopefully put this question to bed on release day one!

Thanks for the responses guys. I haven't had the time to keep up with my gaming news lately, and I was a bit confused about the transferring of Franchises and Rosters. Hopefully the answer is cleared up soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Atlanta Hawks
Old 01-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #7
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefakeJTS
Thanks for the responses guys. I haven't had the time to keep up with my gaming news lately, and I was a bit confused about the transferring of Franchises and Rosters. Hopefully the answer is cleared up soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think SCEA has been crystal clear. You can carry your franchise/season/rtts files via cloud to future versions of the game.

Not individual roster files.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-17-2015, 09:41 PM   #8
Rookie

wilb626's Arena

OVR: 4

So in essence, the OS community will have to wait and start this year's OSFM Roster with the new '15 base roster from SCEA to get the real players like Tanaka, Springer, Schoop that SCEA will create with this year's game release. And then I guess they could transfer and update player service times, etc for the created players from last year's version (for players that didn't appear in the majors--i.e. minor league players) so they wouldn't have to start from scratch for each player. But that would be a ton of player transfers!

Is this how we are assuming the OS community can leverage what was done last year or is there some other method? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »