Home

The JT Roster Builder Utility (beta) - Download Link Included

This is a discussion on The JT Roster Builder Utility (beta) - Download Link Included within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2015, 10:43 AM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: The JT Roster Builder Utility (beta) - Download Link Included

Once I build my roster, how do i get it in the game? Do i manually enter all the ratings or is there a way to download into MLB14?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:45 AM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsrick
Once I build my roster, how do i get it in the game? Do i manually enter all the ratings or is there a way to download into MLB14?
Unfortunately, it still has to be manually entered into the game.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:50 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohdannyboy12
I know this is more of an excel issue than your file, but I am eager to see the work (it seems excellent and well thought out) you have done and been blocked. Thanks.

Try this:

1) Close all of the utility's files you may have open.

2) Move the location of the RBU folder out of C:\Program Files and into the root C: drive.

3) Reopen RBU.xlsm and change the two file paths at the bottom to C:\RBU\Data and C:\RBU

See if this works and let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 10:50 AM   #36
MVP

I don't think that is an Excel issue but rather a Windows issue with the directory being a Read-Only directory.

It does the same on my system with Windows 7 & Microsoft Excel 2010.

I just do a File/Save-As function and save the Copy-of-Roster file into another sub-directory I created for it in the My Document Directory.

I haven't even tried to turn off the Read-Only attribute on the RBU directory in the Program Files directory to see if that would allow me to save it into that directory as I would rather save it else where any way.

One small issue or personal ignorance issue is that I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the pointer in the tool to any other directory besides the default assigned RBU in Program Files and/or the Data sub-directory either. This would eliminate the need of redirecting the Save Roster function.

For AVSRICK'S question: There is no tool to transfer from your Laptop/Desktop these files directly into the game (which would be one fantastic tool if one was available). Thus, you must use the In-Game Editor to input(edit) these rosters into your game via either the Create A Player or Edit Player functions.

Thanks,
Don

Last edited by doncropper; 02-16-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:59 AM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
I don't think that is an Excel issue but rather a Windows issue with the directory being a Read-Only directory.

It does the same on my system with Windows 7 & Microsoft Excel 2010.

I just do a File/Save-As function and save the Copy-of-Roster file into another sub-directory I created for it in the My Document Directory.

I haven't even tried to turn off the Read-Only attribute on the RBU directory in the Program Files directory to see if that would allow me to save it into that directory as I would rather save it else where any way.

One small issue or personal ignorance issue is that I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the pointer in the tool to any other directory besides the default assigned RBU in Program Files and/or the Data sub-directory either. This would eliminate the need of redirecting the Save Roster function.

For AVSRICK'S question: There is no tool to transfer from your Laptop/Desktop these files directly into the game (which would be one fantastic tool if one was available). Thus, you must use the In-Game Editor to input(edit) these rosters into your game via either the Create A Player or Edit Player functions.

Thanks,
Don

I think the problem may, in fact, be that I created the default location to be in the C:\Program Files folder. When I tried to run my version from another I account I ran into the same problem. When I moved it (the RBU folder) into the root C: drive it ran without a hitch. For now, I'd recommend you do the same. I'll change the link once I get confirmation that this resolves the issue.

Last edited by JTommy67; 02-16-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:14 PM   #38
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Any good sites to download Visual Basic? I tried one and now i'm getting insane ads popping up all over the place (running malwares right now) so I must have went to the wrong site... any safe ones?
Old 02-17-2015, 10:13 PM   #39
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I did get VB but the problem is it's not working at all for me. I'm using an even older version Excel 2002 I believe. Tried to get the macros and stuff working, no luck. Buttons aren't buttons, but images on the excel. My RBU also comes out a read-only so I can't overwrite the save file if I could.

Any help here? I got all week next week to play around with it after my surgery on Thurs. (if I ever figure it out that is )
Old 02-17-2015, 11:23 PM   #40
Pro

Did you enable macros and ActiveX controls in your settings? I put directions for this in the instructions file, but of course that's for 2007. Not sure how to navigate to those options for earlier versions.

If you get that working, check this page of the thread for my recommendations on moving the utility files into the root C: drive. I'm still waiting to see if this solves the problem, but I need people to report back to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »