Home

2015 MLB Show Batting Stances & Pitching Motions

This is a discussion on 2015 MLB Show Batting Stances & Pitching Motions within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 07:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2015 MLB Show Batting Stances & Pitching Motions

Given the much overhauled stance selection from Prospect, Veteran, All-Star, and Legend to actual named classic players e.g. Jeff Bagwell, Dave Winfield, Ted Williams, among others has anybody compiled or started up a list yet? I've found these incredibly helpful in the past when looking up stances to use for my newly created players.

Same for pitching motions too.

Some that I know...

All-Star Stance 40: Derek Jeter
All-Star Stance 72: Gary Sheffield
All-Star Stance 89: Kevin Youkilis

Legend Stance 6: Barry Bonds
Legend Stance 18: Ken Griffey Jr.
Legend Stance 27: Mickey Mantle
Legend Stance 33: Cal Ripken Jr.

Last edited by DH523; 04-03-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
Rookie

gaden's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2015 MLB Show Batting Stances & Pitching Motions

I started a post a couple of days ago for stances.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5-stances.html
Old 04-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

ArmyAJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaden
I started a post a couple of days ago for stances.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5-stances.html
He is talking about the "generic" stances, not fixes to players. I am interested in finding this updated list for this year also.

Something else I noticed, I am so happy they added the Slap follow through, but did anyone else notice on the certain stances that come with their own special practice swing and stride if you change the default follow through you lose those specials and they get switched to generics and you can't get those specials back unless you put the follow through back to default. This really bothers me cause I'm into creating players and realism which you all know, like for Mantles stance for MLB 14 was Legend 40 and it came with its own special default practice swing and stride however default it had him with a 1 handed follow through and Mantle had a 2 handed follow through so easy change and you still had the specials as long as you didn't change them from default. With this year if I got back to the same stance say, which this year Mantle's is Legend 27, it still has the special swing and stride but if you change the follow through to anything but default you lose those specials and they are replaced with the generics even though they do still say default in them and that goes for all the stances that have specific non generic swings and strides. Like for my Mattingly his stance a very specific practice swing and more so stride and I wanted to change his follow through to Slap, I was so happy for that, then I saw I lost his special swing and stride and it doesn't look right at all with the generics, I was crushed and completely disappointed, now if I want to keep his special I have to leave the default 1 handed follow through they gave the stance which is not right at all, at least last year I could change it to a 2 handed which was closer and now I can't even do that.

I put a bug report in for this at the shownation.com hoping that it is just a bug or over site which you can find here, report 10479. Please up vote it so it gets the devs attention, thank you.

Last edited by ArmyAJ; 04-03-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Updating the first post with names I can find/get a reasonably solid guess on as to being accurate. Some are hard (such as Cal Ripken where his bat lies on his back shoulder initially yet his feet are close together). Ideally it'd be Legends 33 Feet + Legends 36 Bat Position.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:08 AM   #5
Just started!

Since MLB 15 allows you too carry your RTTS character over to the new game it converts the batting stance to the appropiate number or name for which it corresponds to in the new game for examply in mlb 14 magglio ordonez was all star 61 and in MLB 15 I believe its all star stance 57. What I ended up doing was taking the compiled list of batting stance for MLB 14 then created characters with the stances I wanted and when I continued them in MLB 15 It converted the stance numbers or information. I have around 10 or so stances I wanted so I will place who belongs to what later for the 10 I picked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2015, 02:11 AM   #6
Just started!

Just to clarify I created the characters in MLB 14 then continued them in MLB 15
Old 05-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #7
Rookie

Ripken is hard because he was notorious for changing and tinkering with his stance sometimes drastically so season to season. So depending on what you're using for reference there could be differing opinions.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #8
Rookie

on the ps3 version there is a glitch when you are batting with any right handed batter who has the default swing 6 for home runs. instead of posing for a homerun celebration the bat just hangs in the air. so in other words the 6th choice for home run swing doesn't work for right handed batters on the ps3 version at least

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »