Home

Question about OSFM vs Hybrid rosters

This is a discussion on Question about OSFM vs Hybrid rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #9
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0
Question about OSFM vs Hybrid rosters

I've used the Hybrid roster every year it's come out. It's by far the best roster release/version there is. The attention to detail is second to none. BUT, in previous years, I have had issues with the draft, but that's not the roster makers fault. The problem lies when players in the draft rate in the 70s and sometimes 80s, but a good total major leaguers are in the 60s and 70s. If you don't use 30 team control, the CPU teams will call these phenom prospects up super fast and you end up having a ton of high rated 18-20 year olds starting in their first year.

Again, there's nothing the roster makers can do to fix this. Just because this issue is prominent, doesn't mean the attention to detail should be thrown out the window. Their hard work is appreciated more than they know.

Despite these issues, I'd still HIGHLY recommend the Hybrid rosters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #10
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Question about OSFM vs Hybrid rosters

:spit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
I've used the Hybrid roster every year it's come out. It's by far the best roster release/version there is. The attention to detail is second to none. BUT, in previous years, I have had issues with the draft, but that's not the roster makers fault. The problem lies when players in the draft rate in the 70s and sometimes 80s, but a good total major leaguers are in the 60s and 70s. If you don't use 30 team control, the CPU teams will call these phenom prospects up super fast and you end up having a ton of high rated 18-20 year olds starting in their first year.

Again, there's nothing the roster makers can do to fix this. Just because this issue is prominent, doesn't mean the attention to detail should be thrown out the window. Their hard work is appreciated more than they know.

Despite these issues, I'd still HIGHLY recommend the Hybrid rosters.

so if I were to use the v1 rosters then there would be no problem with the draft? also do the pitch edits make that much of a difference?

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Old 04-09-2015, 10:58 PM   #11
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life

so if I were to use the v1 rosters then there would be no problem with the draft? also do the pitch edits make that much of a difference?

You shouldn't have an issue. But understand there will be a few very high rates rookies.

Also, as far as I know, OSFM V1 won't have pitch edits. And I personally think pitch edits are HUGE additions to the roster. Makes it just that much better.

I personally do a fun franchise while I wait until the Hybrid roster to drop. Then when they do, I do my serious, long franchise. Either way, OSFM V1 or Hybrids, you can't go wrong.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 02:43 AM   #12
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life

Id say you would be fine with either roster, might need to tweak the Drafted players a tad, or atleast for some.

I think there rating is basically the same for most things. Only 2 things I personally don't care for with the Hybrid is the way they have did speed in the past, typically make guys too fast that are slow as smails IRL, example Yadia Molina. Also RH/LH splits for some hitters are to close together, for guys that happen to hit a lot better from 1 side or the other.

Sim stat wise the Hybrid roster last yr anyway, was amazingly close to accurate as you could get. I did tweak it some like speed for instance, but all my stats with the Hybrid came out great.

Pitching eidts use to play a big role in the game, because SCEA pitch repertoires you wouldn't get as many K's, but now with the new movement on ball physics I don't see that t be a issue at all. Pitch edits are still noce to have cause SCEA doesn't do a great job with pitchers having the right repertoires.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #13
Rookie

ghostofsparta15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
You shouldn't have an issue. But understand there will be a few very high rates rookies.

Also, as far as I know, OSFM V1 won't have pitch edits. And I personally think pitch edits are HUGE additions to the roster. Makes it just that much better.

I personally do a fun franchise while I wait until the Hybrid roster to drop. Then when they do, I do my serious, long franchise. Either way, OSFM V1 or Hybrids, you can't go wrong.

WHat did you do to mitigate the problem?

This is the first year I plan on using hybrid, typically use the standard OSFM. I was guessing that I was going to have to tone down the potentials on all rookies or at least give some kind of re-rate every year.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Id say you would be fine with either roster, might need to tweak the Drafted players a tad, or atleast for some.

I think there rating is basically the same for most things. Only 2 things I personally don't care for with the Hybrid is the way they have did speed in the past, typically make guys too fast that are slow as smails IRL, example Yadia Molina. Also RH/LH splits for some hitters are to close together, for guys that happen to hit a lot better from 1 side or the other.

Sim stat wise the Hybrid roster last yr anyway, was amazingly close to accurate as you could get. I did tweak it some like speed for instance, but all my stats with the Hybrid came out great.

Pitching eidts use to play a big role in the game, because SCEA pitch repertoires you wouldn't get as many K's, but now with the new movement on ball physics I don't see that t be a issue at all. Pitch edits are still noce to have cause SCEA doesn't do a great job with pitchers having the right repertoires.
New splits based on zips, new speed ratings, and new defensive ratings for the hybrid this year.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:27 PM   #15
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Yeah I noticed that, too. Kudos to the guys who made that possible. I bet the guys who worked on that are pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeds
New splits based on zips, new speed ratings, and new defensive ratings for the hybrid this year.
Speed and defensive ratings are systematically based on data this year for the Hybrid. That is a first. Or so I hear from the guys working on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 06:30 PM   #16
Banned

may the Lord bless ALL those who work on this years OSFM AND HYBRID !!!!!

** THEY ARE THE ELECT SOULS CHOSEN TO CREATE THE GREATEST ROSTERS EVER MADE **

so ... : )

osfm this weekend

and

full hybrid rosters by mid-may ?

that is my prophetic utterance !!!!!

** I LOVE YOU, WILLARD **

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »