Home

how to set up manual injuries

This is a discussion on how to set up manual injuries within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2016, 07:17 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: how to set up manual injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You can use it [manual injuries] with any amount of teams controlled.
Wait...really?
If you choose roster control OFF at the beginning of a season, but don't want movement in other teams transactions or lineups, you have to make all those teams 'human' controlled.
Are you saying I can choose to only set ONE team to human, keep roster control OFF to set my own manual injuries and still somehow not have transactions happen?...or am I misunderstanding you completely (in my defence, they have to make this easier to deal with one day)

Maybe it helps better to ask what I want to do...
Only 'HUMAN' control one team, manually control injuries for all teams, and impede all transactions of any kind. And if that's all possible, is it possible in both franchise and season modes?

Last edited by tinpanalley; 04-14-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 09:02 PM   #26
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Wait...really?
If you choose roster control OFF at the beginning of a season, but don't want movement in other teams transactions or lineups, you have to make all those teams 'human' controlled.
Are you saying I can choose to only set ONE team to human, keep roster control OFF to set my own manual injuries and still somehow not have transactions happen?...or am I misunderstanding you completely (in my defence, they have to make this easier to deal with one day)

Maybe it helps better to ask what I want to do...
Only 'HUMAN' control one team, manually control injuries for all teams, and impede all transactions of any kind. And if that's all possible, is it possible in both franchise and season modes?

No....you can't just choose one team and have no transactions.....you COULD do manual injuries that way though.

For what you want.....

Choose all 30 teams.
Your team all manual options
29 others set the profile to have injuries to manual(GAMEPLAY OPTIONS....ADVANCED....INJURIES) and then you can set the mode options any way you like for them as well.....if you want the CPU to do call ups....AUTO...if not...MANUAL....lineups/rotations....etc.
Now....make sure both profiles have trades to manual ...and set the injuries to manual. Then go to the USE AS DEFAULT option when the CPU team profile is loaded and hit that option.
Apply and save changes when you exit and you'll be able to give injuries to all teams and trades will only happen if you do them.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-15-2016, 03:19 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
For what you want.....
Choose all 30 teams.
Your team all manual options
29 others set the profile to have injuries to manual(GAMEPLAY OPTIONS....ADVANCED....INJURIES) and then you can set the mode options any way you like for them as well.....if you want the CPU to do call ups....AUTO...if not...MANUAL....lineups/rotations....etc.
Now....make sure both profiles have trades to manual ...and set the injuries to manual. Then go to the USE AS DEFAULT option when the CPU team profile is loaded and hit that option.
Apply and save changes when you exit and you'll be able to give injuries to all teams and trades will only happen if you do them.
Ok, but there is one problem with that: one of my favourite things about The Show and really any sports game though not many allow it, is the ability to be playing while other games are going on in real time. It added a whole level of reality to my last season, where I did it for the first time since The Show 06. The pennant race is so much more fascinating when other teams are playing alongside you. FIFA does this too with actual broadcast announcements of other important games in the league while you're playing a match. Playing and keeping an eye on the ticker for out of town scores is, to me, an often ignored element of the game that provides more realism than even good graphics. And the moment you choose 30 team control, games only get played when a human plays them and you miss out on that "live scores" element that is so much fun for me.

I'll try what you said though, mknight, just to play with it because not being in the game right now, I'm having trouble envisioning what you're describing.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #28
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Ok, but there is one problem with that: one of my favourite things about The Show and really any sports game though not many allow it, is the ability to be playing while other games are going on in real time. It added a whole level of reality to my last season, where I did it for the first time since The Show 06. The pennant race is so much more fascinating when other teams are playing alongside you. FIFA does this too with actual broadcast announcements of other important games in the league while you're playing a match. Playing and keeping an eye on the ticker for out of town scores is, to me, an often ignored element of the game that provides more realism than even good graphics. And the moment you choose 30 team control, games only get played when a human plays them and you miss out on that "live scores" element that is so much fun for me.

I'll try what you said though, mknight, just to play with it because not being in the game right now, I'm having trouble envisioning what you're describing.

You go to TODAY'S GAMES and simulate all but the one you are playing.
It's easy to ignore the results......they will all show up appropriately on the scoreboards and ticker in "real time" according to your game time.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-15-2016, 11:13 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
You go to TODAY'S GAMES and simulate all but the one you are playing.
It's easy to ignore the results......they will all show up appropriately on the scoreboards and ticker in "real time" according to your game time.
Oh, really? Get outta here, I had no idea. I played like that for years and I guess I never simulated the other games first. All I know is that when I played, it was just tickers the whole time saying what the game times were. Even if I was playing an evening and other games were day. It's just so distracting. So you're saying if I sim all the other games first and then play, they will run through the other games chronologically as though they were happening "live"? That's a very cool little detail programmed into the game if that's true.
Ok... now I have to go back and read what you said about how to get 1 HUM control, with manual injuries, but no transactions because I still can't believe that it's possible.
(While I have you here, unrelated, do you know of any downsides to downloading a PSN version of the game?)
Old 04-15-2016, 11:18 AM   #30
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Oh, really? Get outta here, I had no idea. I played like that for years and I guess I never simulated the other games first. All I know is that when I played, it was just tickers the whole time saying what the game times were. Even if I was playing an evening and other games were day. It's just so distracting. So you're saying if I sim all the other games first and then play, they will run through the other games chronologically as though they were happening "live"? That's a very cool little detail programmed into the game if that's true.
Ok... now I have to go back and read what you said about how to get 1 HUM control, with manual injuries, but no transactions because I still can't believe that it's possible.
(While I have you here, unrelated, do you know of any downsides to downloading a PSN version of the game?)
Yes...if you sim them....that's how it will show....as if they are happening.
With profiles....you can set teams up to do whatever you wish really.
If you set both your profile and the one for the other teams with manual injuries and trades to manual....you will get no injuries besides the ones you set nor any trades except the ones you make.
You can have the CPU do the roster moves and lineups...scouting and training..drafting...signings....etc

Digital version?
Only that you can't return it/trade it......and you don't get the cool box!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
With profiles....you can set teams up to do whatever you wish really....You can have the CPU do the roster moves and lineups...scouting and training..drafting...signings....etc
Ok, cool. I want them to do absolutely nothing. I just was under the impression that regardless of what you did, the settings locked in at the beginning of the season determined how everything was going to work no matter what. So I make the profile before starting a season or within it, guess it doesn't matter?
Quote:
Digital version? Only that you can't return it/trade it.
I live in Paris. I'm never selling this game to anyone anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 11:37 AM   #32
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Ok, cool. I want them to do absolutely nothing. I just was under the impression that regardless of what you did, the settings locked in at the beginning of the season determined how everything was going to work no matter what. So I make the profile before starting a season or within it, guess it doesn't matter?
I live in Paris. I'm never selling this game to anyone anyway.
As long as when you start the franchise you CHOOSE all 30 teams to "control"(because you can control them or assign them a profile that has the CPU control them)....you can change profiles as will.
Whatever you want to assign them or take away from them...you can do that at any time in the season/franchise.
If you do assign everything to the CPU...you can STILL go into a team and do whatever you like without even changing the profile(trade...signing.......but lineups rotations will get changed unless you make them manual)

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »