Home

The OFFICIAL 2015 OSFM HYBRID THREAD - there is no current ETA

This is a discussion on The OFFICIAL 2015 OSFM HYBRID THREAD - there is no current ETA within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2015, 03:19 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The OFFICIAL 2015 OSFM HYBRID THREAD - there is no current ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Wow a guy gets some sleep finally and the thread gets active! Love it, just now have a lot to address

First off - the more help the merrier - but because it is one working roster, it is hard to get everyone involved. Anyone who has the Milb app on an iPad, or phone, please let me know - it's free and I have work for you.

Right now I am combing over the OSFM myself and will pass on corrections as they are made to Ridin, some facial hair edits because of team minor league policies, plus there seems to be a lot of height, weight and age discrepancies. As well, I have touched up faces as I go for anything off.

That said Ryan Brett gets to keep his awesome beard, can't believe the Rays made him shave it.

We are going to look at a way to make salaries work, I want to take advantage of this great new option. But I want a roster personally that I don't have to do much for any other teams then my own.

Tuesday was the last transactions that we looked at to allow veterans sent to the minors to decide their fate

Guys, I say this every year. I am approaching 40, too damn old probably to be playing these games. I am as old school baseball as they come, I have played the sport for 20 odd years and am friends will several former pros.

This is my view on projections and potentials.

Projections are just that - projected stats, assembled on a computer with unbiased thoughts, they use a system of raw numbers taken from a player's career, weigh in several different factors and give you an idea of what that player will do in the upcoming season. Because we prorate our projections for the game to match what a player can do if they were to play all 162, the numbers initially do not factor in DL time, nagging injuries or the fact that a player gets traded to a hitter friendly or pitcher friendly home park during the season. It doesn't account for slumps, only to a degree or players who all of a sudden find it or lose it. As a Jays fan, no one predicted 5 years ago a fringe utility guy named Bautista becoming one of the best in game. What projected stats do give you is the best ability to line up ratings to make a player act in the game as close to real life as we can.

As for prospects - there is no such thing as a sure thing. Anyone who wants to argue that fact, please go find copies of the BA Prospect Guide from the last 10 years and I will show you 75% of experts best guesses about a 18-24 year old kid being wrong.

We will keep you in mind for sure

Hey Willard76, I appreciate all the hard work you put into the game. Can you PM me if you need any help inputting ratings if you haven't done so already.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #34
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

First off - the more help the merrier - but because it is one working roster, it is hard to get everyone involved. Anyone who has the Milb app on an iPad, or phone, please let me know - it's free and I have work for you.

I've got the MilbM app, what do you need? Also I can help out with any equipment corrections needed
Old 04-13-2015, 03:36 PM   #35
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
We are going to look at a way to make salaries work, I want to take advantage of this great new option. But I want a roster personally that I don't have to do much for any other teams then my own.
I think that's a fair point. Ultimately there will be a Hybrid roster with 100% accurate contracts even if it's not what Willard's talking about here. Not everyone is going to want the contracts and the implications of that (but I do, and I will! lol), and we are not doing a multi-version bonanza this year either. At most, 2 iterations. Of course, then users can do their own thing from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 03:51 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:

I already posted this on another thread, but I was wondering on if making player contracts proportional to the in game budget would work? What I mean is real life player salary*in game team budget/real life team budget. That way all the teams would still have a budget that adds up to the in game one, but the players would have a contract value that is proportional to real life, so players who are on team friendly contracts would still have them(relatively) in game and teams would still try to get rid of "bad" contracts(relative to the other values of contracts in the game).

This is sort of a general idea, some players with lower salaries shouldn't get adjusted or they'd be a bit too low relative to new arbitration contracts. But those wouldn't make too big of a difference to mess up the engine. Maybe edit contracts with the system if the contact is over 1 million or something, not sure.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #37
Just started!

I was wondering maybe I can give you guys a hand on all the equipment for the different players. The one thing is I am on the PS3 so I don't know if that would be ok??
Old 04-13-2015, 04:00 PM   #38
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

OVR: 1

ive never done it, but id love to be involved in some way, shape, or form.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:33 PM   #39
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Going through every single Astros player right now. Updating all their equipment. Would be more than welcome to incorporate all of their equipment edits into the Hybrid master file when finished. I've got a Word document labeling all the equipment changes I'm making so I can add them fast upon completion.

Let me know. I'm willing to do this for as many teams as I can fit into my schedule.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #40
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
Going through every single Astros player right now. Updating all their equipment. Would be more than welcome to incorporate all of their equipment edits into the Hybrid master file when finished. I've got a Word document labeling all the equipment changes I'm making so I can add them fast upon completion.

Let me know. I'm willing to do this for as many teams as I can fit into my schedule.
Could you maybe do this same thing for the Cardinals?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »