Home

Handling injured players sitting in A ball

This is a discussion on Handling injured players sitting in A ball within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2015, 11:29 AM   #9
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Handling injured players sitting in A ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
My solution to this was add all the MLB level guys on a ball rosters to the 40 man and let the cpu fix the rosters after spring training ends
Thats what i did, but i think that with cpu roster control on injuries dont automatically happen. Is the only solution to having auto injuries once the season starts to do 30 team control as opposed to just CPU roster control?
Old 04-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #10
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

I think I found a pretty cool solution that's fun, realistic, and easy to setup:

I am using the OSFM rosters with updated 40 man and closers from the vault.
I then create a franchise, put the injury slider to MAX and simulate spring training.
I adjust my 25 man roster then end spring training.
I then put the injury slider back down to normal.

While this setup obviously doesn't match exact real life injuries, I feel it provides some unique challenges in my universe and gives a nice injury base. I don't think injuries carry over between future seasons, so this would work well in future seasons as well for continuity.

It actually has me thinking of increasing the injury slider...
Old 04-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #11
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Maybe I did it wrong when I set up my OSFM franchise....

What I did was I set up the rosters as of OD using mlbdepthcharts.com. Any MLB injured player that was on the 40 man, and whom I knew would be in the majors after their injury, I added them to the 40-man and to their appropriate level (Majors, AAA, etc.), THEN placed them on the DL. I remember reading that as long as you add a player to the appropriate level BEFORE placing them on the DL, they will be brought up to their appropriate level once they've healed from their injuries.

Is this only for 30-team control? Because that's what I use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #12
Pro

Ripner's Arena

OVR: 0

That should work
Old 04-17-2015, 08:27 PM   #13
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

OVR: 0

What I do is a bit time consuming (3-4 hours) but it works perfectly if you want to have correct opening day rosters and the correct guys on the DL. First off set your franchise for 30 team control. So I use the OSFM rosters with 25 man on it, sim spring training (with injuries on manual) and before the first game of the season (cardinals vs Cubs) I go through every team and add the correct players to the 40 man roster, and then I call up the guys who are currently injured and put them either in MLB or AAA (depending on the player Jose Fernandez obviously to MLB, and guys like Chris Taylor from SEA to AAA) but before you do this make sure you put the other 29 teams lineup/rotation set to manual, that way when you call up guys like Cliff Lee and JJ Hardy they don't miss up the current lineup/rotation. I then go ahead and manually injure the guys (rotoworld.com has a good layout for team injuries and the date they went on DL, type of injury, either 15 or 60 day, and expected return date) and go ahead and put everyone where they belong.
It's well worth it though, and with all the effort you put into it, you definitely will not want to quit your franchise lol.
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »