Home

Handling injured players sitting in A ball

This is a discussion on Handling injured players sitting in A ball within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2015, 03:08 AM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Handling injured players sitting in A ball

Perhaps this game's most glaring flaw is that it still does not call up or send down players based strictly on performance. While I know many use the 30 team control approach, I have no interest in using it (and the 9 million emails/messages).

With injured players sitting in A ball in the OSFM rosters, it seems weird that sometimes these guys will eventually appear on the MLB roster while most others just sit there stuck in A ball even with a team set to auto; if a team stays healthy, they simply aren't making internal roster moves.

Since not all of the injuries are season ending ones and since the game only lets us edit injuries after starting a franchise, I was curious as to how you all handle this.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #2
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Handling injured players sitting in A ball

Wondering the same thing. Dont have the time or patience for 30 team control so I want to know the best way to handle it.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Icon8 Re: Handling injured players sitting in A ball

Last year someone was kind enough to create an Opening Day, "injury free" roster, based off the Hybrid OSFM set.

This was a 25 man roster and had all teams playing at full strength with regards to injuries. I believe the only player left in A ball was Alex Rodriguez as he was suspended the entire year.

It would be great if the community could put something together like that this year. I am a casual baseball fan and unfortunately do not have the baseball knowledge to put this together myself.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Perhaps this game's most glaring flaw is that it still does not call up or send down players based strictly on performance. While I know many use the 30 team control approach, I have no interest in using it (and the 9 million emails/messages).

With injured players sitting in A ball in the OSFM rosters, it seems weird that sometimes these guys will eventually appear on the MLB roster while most others just sit there stuck in A ball even with a team set to auto; if a team stays healthy, they simply aren't making internal roster moves.

Since not all of the injuries are season ending ones and since the game only lets us edit injuries after starting a franchise, I was curious as to how you all handle this.

Thanks!
I was noticing this last night too. I want those injured players called up and I wasn't sure how it long it will take with it set to Auto. I simmed a head a little just to see and they stayed down there in A-ball.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 04-13-2015, 09:24 AM   #5
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I just think "injuring" players by sending them to A ball doesn't work for OSFM. It's more of a franchise roster anyway, and to have legitimate, big pieces, of an MLB organization stay in A ball—sometimes long-term—seems to counter the realism the roster aims to achieve.

It would be great if the devs could add manual injuries and DL options for rosters so we could start the season with guys appropriately on 15 day, 60 day, or long-term.

Since we don't have the features I just mentioned, I feel like leaving injuries out, and doing the strongest, or even most logical 40 man, is probably the best bet for base sets imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 09:57 AM   #6
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I think the most logical thing is to leave them on the 40 man roster and that way, they make the MLB roster out of spring training for those guys who dont use 30 team control.

I dont care at all about realistic opening day lineups if it means guys like Hunter Pence being banished from the game entirely because of a few week injury, since the cpu just wont call guys up. Id much rather see injury free rosters than perfect opening day lineups.

Obviously, thats only my opinion and Im sure there are others that feel totally the opposite.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:15 AM   #7
Pro

Ripner's Arena

OVR: 0

Myself I go through and put them on the 40 man roster and then manually injure them during sorting training for the expected time they will be out so that when they come off the dl the cpu will use them.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:23 AM   #8
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0

My solution to this was add all the MLB level guys on a ball rosters to the 40 man and let the cpu fix the rosters after spring training ends

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »