Home

OSFM 0.1 Roster - Draft bug/crash

This is a discussion on OSFM 0.1 Roster - Draft bug/crash within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #1
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
OSFM 0.1 Roster - Draft bug/crash

So before I post a bug on TheShowNation, I wanted to get some feedback. I started a franchise using the OSFM v.1 roster that just came out yesterday (GREAT work, by the way). I wanted to Sim ahead a year and see how players developed. I got the the draft in my first season, and when the draft started, the Orioles had about 80% of ALL of the picks in ALL rounds! WTF?? I paged left and right looking in amazement at a draft board that had mostly Orioles icons on it, and then the game totally crashes all the way back to the PS4 dashboard.

1) I did not update 40 man rosters, started with all teams with only 25 guys on the 40 man and injuries turned off.
2) after paging through the OSFM thread and OSFM changes thread, I did not see anyone report this. Is it just me? Like I said, I don't want to report a bug yet until I figure out if I did something weird or if there is actually a bug here.

I'm going to load up the roster and try again and see what happens. It would stink if something about the code for the draft logic couldn't handle the OSFM roster this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: OSFM 0.1 Roster - Draft bug/crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
So before I post a bug on TheShowNation, I wanted to get some feedback. I started a franchise using the OSFM v.1 roster that just came out yesterday (GREAT work, by the way). I wanted to Sim ahead a year and see how players developed. I got the the draft in my first season, and when the draft started, the Orioles had about 80% of ALL of the picks in ALL rounds! WTF?? I paged left and right looking in amazement at a draft board that had mostly Orioles icons on it, and then the game totally crashes all the way back to the PS4 dashboard.

1) I did not update 40 man rosters, started with all teams with only 25 guys on the 40 man and injuries turned off.
2) after paging through the OSFM thread and OSFM changes thread, I did not see anyone report this. Is it just me? Like I said, I don't want to report a bug yet until I figure out if I did something weird or if there is actually a bug here.

I'm going to load up the roster and try again and see what happens. It would stink if something about the code for the draft logic couldn't handle the OSFM roster this year.
I did a full draft last night with the OSFM roster, no issue at all. So could just be something weird that happened to you? I'd definitely try again.

I made a trade, simmed through PreSeason, and sent guys up and down. I haven't started the season yet, but no issue whatsoever so far.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
Rookie

ebarws6's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by econn98
I did a full draft last night with the OSFM roster, no issue at all. So could just be something weird that happened to you? I'd definitely try again.

I made a trade, simmed through PreSeason, and sent guys up and down. I haven't started the season yet, but no issue whatsoever so far.
I think he means the first year player draft, not a fantasy draft.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

He never mentioned anything to do with a fantasy draft.

He just said "full draft" which i assume means all the rounds went fine.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:18 PM   #5
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

OP - Have you tried a second time?

It might just be a glitch if it's the one time. It's possible this isn't OSFM's fault, and that it was an issue with the way the game loaded the draft.

If possible, try to draft again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 02:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
He never mentioned anything to do with a fantasy draft.

He just said "full draft" which i assume means all the rounds went fine.
He said that he didn't start the season yet. That means he's talking about a fantasy draft, since the player draft is in June.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #7
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Update: I have tried a couple more times starting over with new franchises and the same roster. I have not been able to recreate. It was apparently an anomaly of some sort. I did send the crash to SCEA via the PS4 crash report facility. so if it does happen to more people, they'll be keeping a record of it hopefully.

And yes, it was the full draft in the season, not a fantasy draft. Just wanted to clarify what I was doing.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:48 PM   #8
Rookie

gaden's Arena

OVR: 2

I've had a problem with the game freezing at the:
Today is the 2015 First-Year Player Draft. What would you like to do?
Screen

Crashes when I try to simulate draft

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »