Home

OSFM 25man fixes

This is a discussion on OSFM 25man fixes within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: OSFM 25man fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Looked at Mill. Roster and compared to OSFM didn't like it as much so I used the OSFM roster.
What didn't you like about them? Just curious if there's something I missed.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:07 PM   #10
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
What didn't you like about them? Just curious if there's something I missed.
First and foremost this is just my opinion and that's it.

I've never been a fan of 40man rosters
Alot of lineups are off
Saw a lot of generic equipment

Again just my opinion!
Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
First and foremost this is just my opinion and that's it...
Hey, nothing wrong with having your own opinion or for that matter even with not liking another roster set. But I respect nevertheless your desire to not offend anyone.
I'm trying to play Season, 1-team control (so I can get the live in-progress scores ticker during games), but because Season is just the 40-man and then everyone else in the FA list, I want the most accurate 40-man and it has to include regular injured guys. For 60-day or Season DL, I don't mind them being in the FA list. I'm playing a season with opening day rosters and no transactions throughout. I don't mind having to redo the lineups and rotations after spring training. Any thoughts how I might structure my rosters or if yours would help?
Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 09:00 PM   #12
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

Not an Admin and not trying to be but there is a Thread SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR THE PURPOSE OF CORRECTIONS. I find it disrespectful to the people that helped make this possible when people are going off making threads for little mistakes they find, go to the corrections thread and reply there. A new thread isn't needed. I understand that you are just trying to help, but we can make it a little bit easier to the people running this site and to new members trying to find an answer to their inquiry by loading the forums with threads that shouldn't have been created in the first place, I have no doubt your input will help O.S.F.M. V2 just put your "recommendation" for a change into the Forum that is for OSFM Corrections.

Thank you and good day.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Whats name of these in vault. Would love to check them out!
Old 04-15-2015, 03:39 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty Legend 99
Not an Admin and not trying to be...
If you're referring to Lisac and myself, neither of us was trying to be disrespectful nor was this entire thread created in order to point out "little mistakes" so your accusation is way off and the arrogant assumption that you somehow speak for the roster editing community is insulting to all of us as OS members.

That being said, you make an excellent point, but it's just completely inapplicable here where I was asking Lisac his thoughts on the leading roster in the forum as a way of simply understanding what his methodology was for his own roster set which he replied to with every ounce of politeness for expressing his own opinion and not trying to discredit or attack anyone else's. Do you go around defending all the rosters made in the community or just OSFM? Because there are other well expressed, perfectly fair criticisms of other rosters all over the roster forum if you really want to start reminding people IN ALL CAPS of what you do and don't find disrespectful. Again, this whole thread was to release Lisac's rosters not to complain about any other rosters, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my asking a roster creator what it is he doesn't like about another roster especially when he then makes it crystal clear that he doesn't want to offend anyone with his personal opinion. That's one of the reasons a forum exists, lets not forget. I could understand if the comment had sparked a rosters holy war of pages upon pages of people being mean to each other but this was one simple question, one straight answer, all done in the utmost respect to other members. You've now made it an issue.

Your passive-aggressive quoting of the word "recommendation", your incorrect assumption about the reason for this thread, and your stating that you don't want to be a moderator but then telling us where to go rather than making the suggestion ("go to the corrections thread and reply there") are the reasons that you are getting the attitude you are getting in this reply and because neither me nor Lisac deserved your comment that was simply wrong.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #15
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves2011
Whats name of these in vault. Would love to check them out!
I have 2 diff rosters I posted-

Roster 1 posted on 4-13 under OSFM roster fixes and
Roster 2 posted on 4-14 under OSFM No 15 day DL.

All roster 1 is 25man roster was updated as of that day. All lineups, rotation and bullpens were set so you can sim Spring Training and have all the rosters stick.
I based everything off of MLBDEPTHCHARTS.com

Roster 2 is 25man roster and I added all guys on 15day DL back onto their teams.
So you will see guys like JJ Hardy, Verlander, Ryu and more back on their respective 25man rosters. And i know everyone likes to do their own thing with the rosters so to not mess with all the lineups and to let everyone do their own thing i left position players on the bench so you can add them as you please. Starting pitchers that i put back on teams i slotted them into the 5th spot in rotation. Verlander, Alvarez, Ryu and others.

My ID is Jr-Griffey-25
Hope this helps?
And looks like your a Braves fan, i didnt add Minor back cause he had a set back!

Last edited by Lisac; 04-15-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #16
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Hey, nothing wrong with having your own opinion or for that matter even with not liking another roster set. But I respect nevertheless your desire to not offend anyone.
I'm trying to play Season, 1-team control (so I can get the live in-progress scores ticker during games), but because Season is just the 40-man and then everyone else in the FA list, I want the most accurate 40-man and it has to include regular injured guys. For 60-day or Season DL, I don't mind them being in the FA list. I'm playing a season with opening day rosters and no transactions throughout. I don't mind having to redo the lineups and rotations after spring training. Any thoughts how I might structure my rosters or if yours would help?
Thanks!
Unfort i dont do a 40 man roster (Never been my thing) ive always been a 25man roster guy.
In regards to best roster for 40 man than i would use Milleniums,(believe he posted it Mon) its a very good and accurate 40 man and you will just have to set lineups/rotations as you like. He used OSFM 25man and added the other 15 guys to it. Was very well done.
And thanks for your post to the gentleman that posted that non-sense. If you have any further questions please dont hesitate to ask and ill try to respond in a quick manner! enjoy your season with The Show

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »